Poutine <3

Options
Well long story short, I had a stressful week and I was craving poutine. I thought I should treat my self. Well I did and i ate poutine (which I loved:love: ) but I am now feeling really guilty. Any ideas what I can do to stop feeling guilty. Also I ate all my calories for today when i ate the poutine. :cry: I also over ate by 570 calories yesterday too. Any ideas of what i can do the next day to make my week even, cause i have been eating my goal for the past few days before that. Thanks.

Replies

• haephestia
    haephestia Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Overeating one day and trying to undereat another day so that you stay 'even' is a terrible idea and will lead you right to very disordered eating. Take it from someone who knows, you don't even want to go there.

Do a few extra workouts if you want to 'make up' for it. Either way it may be time to face the fact that poutine is pretty damn terrible for you, and eating it is going to set you back.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just have broccoli & chicken for your next meal, start fresh :)

BTW you can make a poutine that's a *little* less calorific at home with McCain Low Fat Straight Cut Fries (110 cals for 14 fries) + reduced fat cheese + gravy (have not found an edible gravy that's low fat) - closer to 500 cals than 1000. With a little extra salt it's close enough to hit the poutine monster in the face.

http://www.mccain.ca/en-ca/Potato/Superfries/Pages/SFLowFatStraightCut.aspx
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support.
  • amycdsteinberg
    amycdsteinberg Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Or just reduce your portion. You crave poutine, have some, eat it slooooowwww, and only eat part of it. We were out yesterday and stopped for Five Guys. I shared a burger and a handful of fries and still lost this morning, because I only had a taste really. And it was so good! LOL
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, a person just has to have poutine.
  • boxem180
    boxem180 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love poutine and I have to agree: sometimes you just have to have it. Have you ever made your own? I've tried and make a healthier version by using sweet potato fries, low fat string cheese (cut up into chunks), and store bought turkey gravy (low sodium). This way you can track how much of everything you put on and track the calories easier. Does it taste the same? No, but you're getting a lot of nutrients and a lot less guilt. :)
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Or just reduce your portion. You crave poutine, have some, eat it slooooowwww, and only eat part of it.

impossible!
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

QFT
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Sorry the title dragged me in here.

first time i ever had Poutine was when my ex bought me some...First time in Canada EVAARRR..

i think i fell in love with him more after the first bite..

ERRMAGERRRRDDD its the BOMB!!:heart::heart: :heart:

eat it, but portion it out...(ohhhhhhh drool)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Get in a little extra exercise, and call it good. Just try to plan for the calories next time. :) I :heart: poutine, so I totally get it.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    one day of maint. and that is what it is, you have a 500 calorie deficit built into MFP at 1 pound a week. You did no damage, enjoy your Poutine and carry on. do not get so stressed about eating that is what led most of us here in the first place.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Amen! Enjoy your poutine and get back on track tomorrow.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am in a long term relationship with poutine despite being a fitness buff. We have been together 14 years, except for 6 months when I thought quitting it would make a difference in my weight. It didn't, so I still eat it :D

I eat it once a week!