workout bras

Options
Hi
was wondering how important are workout bras for females???as i've read somewhere that females should always wear sports bras before workingout .....what could be the logic behind this??

Replies

• RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think it becomes more critical the higher the impact of your exercise - something about weakening the ligaments which hold your breasts up - contributing to sag.

I've been known to wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it if I'm going to be doing high-impact cardio or circuits. A, it's not comfortable to be bouncing all over the place doing jumping jacks and , B, as a D cup, gravity was never my friend in the first place. I don't want to give it an unfair advantage!

(Edited for grammar, lol)
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    thanks for the detailed reply.
    wish i could get some more replies.
  • ScrambledMeggs610
    Options
    I would recommend wearing them in lieu of working out - they make my boobs look less fat and give me that sporty, goal-driven look.
  • xtina1129
    xtina1129 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What the first response was, it can cause damage. Plus, if you're heavy chested like myself, it can really hurt if you don't wear one (or two, in my case.)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Because who likes black eyes?
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    as like the first response...most of us ladies dont like our boobs bouncing everywhere...and sports bras help hold them in place during workouts where regular bras do not...i dont know anyone who doesnt wear a sports bra while working out...even A cups...
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    It's uncomfortable as hell without one.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I wear them just for working out. I was a 44 H when I started and am a 36 G now. They really help my posture during work outs, and I worry about tissue tears. I also wear compression shorts or even my spanks, to limit my jiggle as I have lost a lot of weight already. As I understand it, the bouncing and jiggling can cause tissue damage and tears.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    as like the first response...most of us ladies dont like our boobs bouncing everywhere...and sports bras help hold them in place during workouts where regular bras do not...i dont know anyone who doesnt wear a sports bra while working out...even A cups...

There's a woman in my Zumba classes who only wears a thin spaghetti strap tank top and shorts to class, no sports bra, regular bra, just the tank. She looks to be a B cup. I just don't get how that could be comfortable...
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options

There's a woman in my Zumba classes who only wears a thin spaghetti strap tank top and shorts to class, no sports bra, regular bra, just the tank. She looks to be a B cup. I just don't get how that could be comfortable...

It makes my boobies hurt just to read that.