My first day!

Options
Hi everyone... I'm new to this site but certainly not new to trying to lose weight... I've been overweight for the past 30 years and have decided that I'm sick of it and it's time to change... I've tracked my calories for today and was suprised that I'm under the allowed amount... my protein intake is too high but the rest was good so I guess I'm not a bad as I thought... more exercise is what I need... I've committed myself to walking my dog every day and when it's raining I'm going to work out on my Wii fit... hopefully that will do the trick... I look forward to meeting some of you and joining in on the journey to a "new and slimmer" you!!!
Have a great nite! ;)

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great website. Good Luck in your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • ailysp
    ailysp Posts: 69
    Options
    hi and welcome to the site.
  • bonkers5975
    bonkers5975 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yay! You made it! This site really is an excellent tool. I think they say just the act of logging what you eat keeps most people on track. I know it's helped me immensely!

When I first started, I found I was actually gaining weight by eating too few calories... and as I progressed, I found that for me, it's really the carbs that are culprit. :tongue: Stupid, lovely bread and cereal and cake and doughnuts.... Oh well. Hopefully I've learned my lesson. Time will tell!

Have a great night, and we'll see ya around. :bigsmile:

Ange