I'm an addict-a carb addict:(

Things are rapidly spinning out of control. I'm a vegetarian and actually dropped from 222-182 last year but somehow I gained back 30 some odd pounds and am now 212 again:( I can't stop eating bread and pasta and doughy things. It's ridiculous. I have a menu that I amreally happy with and when I eat it I'm not hungry but in the evening my mind shuts down and I start binging on whatever bread product I can find. I use the excuse to buy them(tortillas, bread, pasta, rice, pockets) bc I have a 3 year old and she needs bread and pasta right???
Well I'm thinking of tossing all the carb trigger foods for one month. She can go without those things for the month.
I am just so sick of myself and how weak I am when it comes to eating healthier. I can't even make it one fricken day without getting tacos, sushi or pizza. UGH! what tricks have worked for you to STOP THE CARB BINGES????

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Good fats can really help. I find when trying to lower your carbs it's all about getting over the hump. You have to stick it our for a week or so but after that you stop craving them
  • When you feel a craving for carbs drink as much water as you can. Then wait ten minutes. If you're still hungry for carbs keep an anti-carb snack handy like celery and hummus. Then if you must have some bread, or what not, have some... I have found that If I completely deny myself something I want it more and tend to over do it. If you make sure that you are not STARVING, at least you won't over eat when you have a carb craving.
  • elenakristine
    elenakristine Posts: 29 Member
    Hey! I have the same problem as you, well almost, I don't have children so I have no "excuse" to ever eat carbs; but I have a hard time staying away from the bread etc.

What I would look into if I were you, were basic recipies for non-carb bread, pasta etc. If you can switch it out and you or your daughter can't even notice it, you can still enjoy pizza etc. and not get those filthy carbs. There's tons of recipies for LCHF-versions of bread, cakes, pizzas etc. that are actually really tasty.

I'm not from the US so I don't know what you can buy that is ready made, but over here we have pizza dough etc. that is almost completely carb free, made from almond flour, cheese etc.

Obviously, you will still have to care about your calories, but as a person whose main enemy is carbs too, I can tell you that sticking to my diet got about 200% easier after I discovered I can still HAVE those foods :) Some of the cakes etc. I've tried have been tastier than the real thing, even without any sugar or flour.

I hope you find a sollution that works, good luck:)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    I love bread too. What I have found that works for me is to only have the whole grain versions at home. They seeem to fill me up faster and have more flavor (which my kids complained about at first). They too have gotten accustom to whole grains. It may take a couple of tries to see which brands you like best.