horrible day

running_mom
running_mom Posts: 204 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I fell off the wagon on eating within my cals. But I did give myself the day off of exercise. I have been working out for 2 weeks straight! I did clean the house from top to bottom and broke a sweat so I sort of count that as my work out : ) But I am waking up early to go to the gym tomorrow.

One day at a time right!?

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    It's just one day... Start fresh tomorrow! This happens to all of us! :flowerforyou:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Absolutely. We all have days where we go over. Sometimes a little, sometimes a whole lot. Remember, it isn't one day of food that caused us to gain weight. One day of not eating on target also isn't going to prevent us from losing weight. Think about the accumulation of good days--that is what is going to get you to your goal!

Way to pick yourself back up and get on that wagon!
  • So I posted this same message this morning about my terrible day yesterday. I was so disappointed in myself. Today I woke up, went to the beach and jumped rope (GREAT cardio) and stayed under my calories. I feel SO much better today. You just gotta pick yourself back up and keep going, which it sounds like you are doing, good for you!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Don't beat yourself up! Tomorrow is a new day!
  • I under stand I went over 1000 today. Tomorrow will be another day and I will start over again
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Sometimes a day off exercise is exactly what your body needs. It keeps your body guessing, too!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Sometimes a day off exercise is exactly what your body needs. It keeps your body guessing, too!

Absolutely! It is a good idea to take at least one day off a week--especially if you are working out pretty intensely the rest of the week.
  • jodynels
    jodynels Posts: 5
    Just a bump in the road, it's going to happen!
  • bbar1122
    bbar1122 Posts: 1
    Absolutely! Today is over. Get back on track tomorrow. Cleaning the house definitely counts as exercise. One day will not make a difference in the big picture. Good luck!
  • all4tjs
    all4tjs Posts: 51
    ME too! I have went over my calories two days in a row, and makes it 3x this week alone. BUT I have come to realize I have gotten my butt off the couch and 'moving' again, and that alone is better than nothing. Keep up the great work, and try not to beat yourself up over it. Get out and enjoy some fresh air, it will make you feel better, even if you go over your calories.
This discussion has been closed.