How many calories a day do you eat?

Options
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how many calories you eat in a day and how you got to that calculation.I have recently upped mine.The test is now if I can eat that much consistently.I'm doing well do far.

So how many calories a day are you guys doing?

Replies

• ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    1500 because that's wat mfp set for me.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    2200-2500+. I use the "In place of a road map" / TDEE method.
  • emobarbie7
    Options
    1740 to gain .5 lbs a week ( I lost more than I had planned for any now at an unhealthy weight) but generally between 1300-1500 at a healthy weight to maintain
  • EpitomeOfSxy
    EpitomeOfSxy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    MFP told me 1,200 but I chose 1570 for myself. It's working.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    1650 cause thats what MFP sets which is probably lower then it needs to be but thats more then enough. i am set at a 1000 a day deficit + exercise and my TDEE is gonna be higher then what he calculations come to, but my body has plenty of fat to consume without eating anything. Feel the best i have in years and am sleeping better for the first time i can ever remember in my 40yrs on this earth..

Just gotta get my hypertension under control and i'm set :)
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Between 2000-2500. I'm eating at maintenance, and that's how many it takes.
  • petitegreek
    petitegreek Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 900-1350.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    1500-2000. Usually closer to 1500.
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Just started with 1772 following the road map [TDEE]
  • topherspeirs
    Options
    My daily goal is 2600 but I eat way more than 3k on a regular basis.

I also play soccer and do Crossfit so that negates the higher intake. I'm still under 150 and trying to gain a little haha it's tough with lots of cardio.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I set mine for about 1616 but I like to make sure I net my BMR so if I have a good workout day, I generally will consume about 1750ish. On non exercise days I stay around the 1616 mark.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    2150 net currently. Moving to 1900 net on Monday.
  • rachelannecraig
    Options
    MFP set my calories at 1790 - I earn more with my exercise so I try to hit at least 1500.
  • carbar90
    carbar90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700, will eat closer to 2000 if I workout that day.
    My trainer told me to eat that much and it's working so I'm following her advice :)
  • petitegreek
    Options
    Everybody's caloric intake seems so high! I freak out if I go over 1200 because I get the message that says "if every day were like today, you'd be _____ pounds in 5 weeks." If I go over 1200, it usually tells me I'll only lose 3-4 pounds in 5 weeks.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Everybody's caloric intake seems so high! I freak out if I go over 1200 because I get the message that says "if every day were like today, you'd be _____ pounds in 5 weeks." If I go over 1200, it usually tells me I'll only lose 3-4 pounds in 5 weeks.

Chronic undereating will make it much harder to maintain your weight and more likely to stall out along the way. Be patient. You didn't gain weight overnight so don't expect to take it off that fast.
  • chrisjathompson
    chrisjathompson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    2190, values from "the spreadsheet"
  • jennacollette
    Options
    Yes, you should watch what you eat every day, but don't necessarily count your calories, I don't and I lost more weight and am toning up. Watch your portion sizes for SOME meals and keep your over all calories in a day at 2,000 or a little less depending on how much weight you want to lose. If you count calories youll feel like you're in jail ! lol It shouldn't matter much if you excersize a good amount and eat clean.
  • Avalanched
    Options
    I eat a lower calorie amount ( I have MULTIPLE metabolic issues) And I stay between 800 and 1500 on a high cardio day, I just can't lose weight, Ive tried high calorie low calorie but this worked the best, and my doctors are cleared as long as I have days over 1200.
  • petitegreek
    Options

Chronic undereating will make it much harder to maintain your weight and more likely to stall out along the way. Be patient. You didn't gain weight overnight so don't expect to take it off that fast.
    Very true. I'm just unsure how to calculate how many calories I should be eating according to my weight and height. All the BMR, TDEE, etc... confuse the heck out of me!