Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

On the go snacks...

I have given up resturuants but with that I need to be prepared for when Im out and hungry or my husband decides he wants to grab something quick to eat. What are some not high in calorie snacks? I am going to make a "lunchbix" with ready snacks in it and put it in the van so that I always have things to eat but IDK what are some good choices to put in there. Also gonna start carrying fruits and veggies if I know we are going to be gone a good part of the day and take them accordingly.

TIA

Replies

• ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Hi Tia,

I like dried fruit for snacking, but only if it doesn't contain added sugar. Pitted dates and unsulphured or organic apricots are my first choices :). I also eat a lot of fruit - bananas, apples and pears are great for on the go. Other ideas are:

Popcorn (either make it yourself or Propercorn is really good. My favourite is the fiery worcester sauce and sundried tomato)
    Cereal bars (I like Special K - the double chocolate ones are 80 calories a bar and the red berries is 90 calories)
    Almonds (14 = 98 calories)
    Jaffa cakes (46 calories each - the cake is lower fat than biscuit, its dark chocolate so gives you a chocolate fix but is better than milk chocolate, and the orange jelly gives you an energy boost!)

I also keep a food diary, including snacks, which might give you some more ideas - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com

Hope this helps :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I keep baggies of dried apricots, and raw or roasted(no salt) almonds ready at all times (the almonds live in my glove box a lot of the time); I keep granola bars also handy as well as a ton of fresh fruit that is easy to "grab and go" (apples, mandarin oranges, small bananas, grapes - especially love frozen grapes although these aren't so easy to take along for a "just in case" :laugh: ).
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    I like beef jerky although it's pricey and high in salt. It's lean and it's more filling than some of the fruit and vegetable options.
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    I measure out servings of dry roasted peanuts into those little snack-size zip bags. Then, into each bag, I measure a tablespoon of mini chocolate chips. It's not a lot of chocolate, but it's just enough to feel a little naughty, but it's also crunchy and filling. So good. Also, forgive me for pointing it out, but I'm an English teacher and it's not something I can control, I'm going to start using your word "lunchbix" every day of my life. Love!
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Just break up.