Replies

• shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    cinnamon and brown sugar
  • morgiec
    morgiec Posts: 9
    Options
    Yum! I love oatmeal... but I usually don't top it. I usually eat fruit on the side, so I can imagine blueberries, bananas, raspberries, strawberries, apples, and blackberries would be good on oatmeal! I also tend to add just a little extra skim milk for a smoother consistency. (:
  • littlehealthyhope
    littlehealthyhope Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Does anyone eat steel cut oats? I love them. They take much longer to cook but yummy and chewy.

I do steel-cut oats overnight in the crockpot.

My favorite topping is coconut milk and mango.

how do u make them? i have some around at my house but have no idea how to make overnight oats
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    brown sugar
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    Bill Phillips vanilla whey protein powder bc it has a buttery taste to it. And raisins. I feel like I am eating oatmeal cookie dough.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This is my breakfast every morning.

!/2 c McCann's quick cooking oatmeal
    tsp. vanilla
    generous amount of cinnamon
    1 single serve container, no sugar added, organic applesauce
    fill the apples sauce container twice with water, then an additional splash

Microwave 3 minutes, then add 2 tsp.walnut oil
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Craisins, Chopped Almonds and 1/4c vanilla greek yogurt go in mine. Hmm.. I think that shall be breakfast tomorrow.
  • koko12
    koko12 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i mix in coconut oil and blueberries. sometimes a tiny bit of protein powder. also if you cook it with an egg white or two it makes the oatmeal fluffier
  • jason2099
    Options
    Plain yogurt, regular or Greek, with sliced bananas.
  • mjm9003
    mjm9003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these ideas. I usually add 2 T. hemp protein powder and 2 t. pure maple syrup.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and ground flax seeds.
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    My absolute favourite is hemp hearts, blueberries, maple syrup, and almond milk :)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat rolled or steel cut oats with milled chia seed and stevia.

Toppings: apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, cinnamon, muesli, semisweet chocolate chips, nuts, shredded coconut, etc
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A tablespoon of Biscoff spread and strawberries. OMG! I crave this and can't wait until breakfast the next day. Also a tablespoon of neutella and raspberries.

I used to use quick oats and have recently switched to old fashioned. NEVER going back!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Currently my homemade strawberry jam is hitting the spot for me.. but i've microwaves apples with a bit of cinnamon on them and mixed that in before or make blackberry sauce and mixed that it.. or just honey and granola. Also if you throw a little ground flax seed in your heart will thank you :) (omega 3s!! yea baby!!)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    A tribute to the world’s greatest breakfast!
    http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal

Oats6.jpg

Whipped Banana Oatmeal

1/3 cup old fashioned oats
    1/3 cup 1% or skim or soy milk
    2/3 cup water (I like my oats a bit liquidy – cut back to 1/2 a cup if you don’t)
    1/2 a banana, sliced
    1/2 tbsp chia seeds (they give the best fluffy texture!)
    Pinch of kosher salt
    Vanilla, stirred in at end

Start by combining rolled oats, water, and milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Slice a banana into VERY thin pieces, leaving just a few bigger chunks. Walk away for a few minutes while the oatmeal heats. Once it begins to steam or bubble, stir vigorously at times to “whip” the banana into the oats. The oats will take about 5 minutes on medium heat from start to finish to fully absorb the liquid. They’re done when they reach your desired consistency! Then I stir in vanilla (and often pumpkin or cottage cheese) and portion into bowls. Add any toppings you like, such as almond or peanut butter dollops, nuts, granola, coconut, crumbled granola bars, or trail mix – with dark chocolate chips! Or check out all the combos listed below.

The whipped method produces a really creamy bowl of oats. The bananas basically disappear, so there are no chunks. Since banana is an emulsifier of sorts, this method suspends the oats into a thick, creamy consistency and the whole bowl is sweeter because the banana’s sweetness permeates throughout.
    =======================

She's got way too many wonderful photos to share here as the sky is pretty much the limit in what she adds to her Oats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kFiD7w75ML4
  • Loulousq
    Loulousq Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Simple Truth Organic Instant Oatmeal original flavored with 1 packet of splenda.
    today i topped with fresh mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, 5 pieces each all blueberry sized)
    i have put in each separately:
    apple
    banana
    honey (hated it)
    almonds
    pecans
    brown sugar
    yum yum
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    The last time I added chopped apple, cinnamon, flaxseeds, and some honey. Soooooo delicious.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. That, or banana and cinnamon.
  • loui1234
    loui1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp Nutella for a treat! :)