Weight Loss Workout Needed

Options
So I've hit a plateau and it lasted for 3 months now. I did some research and people say I should include more cardio into my workout. Can anyone give me a routine? I'm 5'6", 157 pounds, teenage girl, and eat 1,400 calories a day. Please give me one as "(time) of (workout) then (time) of (workout),etc." rather than "you can do (time) of this and (time) of that." I.E. "30 minutes of jogging at 5 mph and 30 minutes of walking at 3.5, then running a mile." Stuff like that. Not like "you can do jogging, biking, walking, etc." I'm looking to burn 400+ calories. Thanks :smile:

BTW when is the best time to work out? Morning, evening, or when? :smile:

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What makes you think the time of day matters? Do you believe that ONLY working out in the morning will be useful, and working out any other time is a waste of effort?

Work out whenever it suits you best. Do whatever you enjoy - whether that's running or cycling or dancing or classes at the gym.

The calories that are burned will be different for each person, so I can't tell you how long to jog or at what speed. But I always enjoyed doing an indoor triathlon - 10 minutes on the rowing machine (at whatever setting I could to be able to keep going for a full 10 minutes), 10 minutes on the static cycle, and 10 minutes on the treadmill. What equipment do you have access to? Will you be going to a gym?