cheat day?

Options
2»

Replies

• kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like the term "cheat day" because that brings up images of just throwing caution to the wind and doing whatever. Personally, I think it is a great idea to not worry a day or so about going over your calorie allottment. Remember, if you are planning a 1 week loss per week, you can go over 500 calories per day and still be at a net loss for the day ... If you are set for 2 lbs loss per week, you can go over by 1000 calories and still be within a net loss per day. I would caution against not logging or totally throwing caution to the wind, simply because, you are right... you can undo everything by doing so. Best wishes on a successful journey.
  • Icanhazsugarnow
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day. I possibly should though. I have a sweet tooth and I find myself craving something sweet all the time. I just have a strong will power.
  • VinaAnderson
    Options
    I think it's fine to treat yourself if you're doing everything else right (healthy eating and exercising) and you have some self discipline. Unfortunately I am NOT one of those people so that's why I don't do cheat days. Cheat days for me = binge days so I don't even go there. I don't have enough discipline to eat 2 cookies. It's almost a guarantee I will eat the whole sleeve!! So if you can have a few treats without going overboard then I say go for it.
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat day every Saturday. My best friend comes over every weekend and always brings something for lunch (not super healthy, because she's not trying to lose weight). That's also when I allow myself to have one glass of soda. It's been working for me so far. I look forward to it because I know it's a treat and I only do it that one day.
  • debbieled32
    Options
    sundays are my day
    i do not log my food or my workouts
    i do not over do it, i am still aware of what i eat, just in moderation
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "One healthy meal won't make you 'skinny', and one unhealthy meal won't make you fat"
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    cheat meal not an entire cheat day ... or a night of drinking :drinker: