Been sitting her for 5 months thinking....

Options
and complaining why I'm not losing weight....I was losing like crazy at first, I started here in Jan of 2012....but I've been yo yo-ing the same 5 lbs since October. I walk 3 miles a day, started a kick boxing DVD a few times a week, eating "healthy" yet no movement on the scale....I sat on here complaining to my "pals" and family of my un-success, oblivious to the real reason....or maybe I knew deep down. I've been cheating, but not on unhealthy stuff, no cake, burgers, fries, chips etc....but I stopped weighing my food, thinking I was savy enough to eye ball an oz of this, or serving size of that.
Making my kids peanut butter sandwich for lunch, I never counted that extra lick of the pb on the knife, the few extra bites of my kids left over dinners, the couple extra saltines I would swipe as I was rushing around cleaning....etc..it all added up...even though I wasn't out eating greasy un-healthy food...it all still counted. Luckily during this time I maintained. But this week I started counting every bite that went in my mouth, totally honest with my diary....so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will give me a kick start and motivation I need. it's hard to get back into the swing of being so spot on with my calorie counting.

Unfortunately I'm one of those people that "weighing everything" if a way of life for me. Counting every calorie that enters my mouth. And I'm glad I have "pals" that kept me accountable and even without knowing me personally, knew the real reason I was un successful. I'm kicking myself now, over the last 5 months, I could have been bikini ready, wait who am i kidding, at least bathing suit ready...but I sabotaged it. But I'm glad I got the reality check now before I gained back the 60 lbs, that I worked so hard for.

Replies

• shellgirl144
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that I will always have to log my food. I may be good at math, but when it comes to estimating my food intake...I'm awful. So, I know what you mean.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to logging honestly! I find that if I dont log accurately I am only screwing myself! I try my best to log everything correctly as possible. I log mostly before I eat...as I'm preparing my meals so I don't leave anything out. Best wishes! You've got this!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I think alot of us can relate, I have also been dealing with the same 5 lbs since last August.
    I am finally trying to real myself back in too and it's hard, but I try to remind myself that the fact you are here, admitting it, and thinking about it means we will try hard not to go back.

I have anxiety over it. I do, and only those who have come from where we are can understand.

It's a hard journey, but it's one that will never end (ie we will use this for life, count calories, weight food) so just keep on it. You maintained for 5 months that's nothing minor either, that's great.

Keep your chin up.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS going to have to watch what I put in my mouth and measure my food. It is just that simple. I am a food addict. Especially sweet carbs, like cookies. I could so easily go back to the way I was before. I only have to look at my cheat days to prove that to myself. The only way I will keep this weight off is to remain loyal to MFP and always measure and log my food. That is why I am so nervous about my cruise in November. I will be 2 weeks without a computer and so I will not be able to log. I am hoping that, since I am so close to my goal, the six months or so I will have of getting used to maintaining will help.
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think this time of year has had me in a slump too, now that it's getting nicer out, I feel like exercising more and eating better. Winter is all about big sweaters and comfort food....ugh.