Is it weird if i buy a halloween costume now??

Is it weird if i buy a Halloween costume early this year. i'm big into halloween and throwing a party every year. and i want to lose the weight and look amazing hot in a skimpy costume this year. i was thinking if i bought a small costume right now, then it would be extra motivation to make sure i could fit into it come halloween time? what do you think. is this a crazy, silly idea.?

Replies

• RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Why not? There's no "appropriate" Halloween costume buying grace period. Besides, costumes are a heck of a lot cheaper when its not around Halloween time! :)
  • Jeremy_
    Jeremy_ Posts: 36 Member
    I'm all about crazy and silly, so you know my vote!

Every little motivation helps! And seeing a photo of said costume would help motivate me too! Just saying. ;)
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    You'll get no argument from me; I love Halloween so much, I got married on that day!

YES! Buy your costume!
  • I saw this really cute little sexy French maid costume on Amazon, and its really cheap right now, since halloween is still a while away. i think i might just buy it. it will be great motivation for me.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Its not strange at all :P
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I WOULD DO CUZ U GET IT CHEAPER RIGHT NOW.
  • mlynnea03
    mlynnea03 Posts: 41 Member
    Nope, not crazy at all. Halloween comes on the same day every year and I know I will want to dress up, but it seems to slip up on me every time. Great way to plan ahead and and stay motivated. Good Luck!!!!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Go for it!- Seriously, I love Halloween too. A couple of years back, I was Princess Jasmine, I still have the outfitt, and it's definitely one of my "inspirations"-I'm dying to get back in it, and just feel/look HOT...(P.S I bought my dog a tiger outfit*soCute*)

Now I just need an Aladdin...
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    I wouldnt say so! 2 halloweens ago, about a week before halloween I ordered a costume, that I knew wouldnt be here in time for that year, so I wore it last year. lol.

And this year Ive already been planning Im either being Jessica Rabbit or Lara Croft :)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Depends on how tight money is and how realistic your goal is to achieve and maintain. See, rather than Halloween, I am a beach person. I have bathing suits I will never wear because I bought them as "motivation" when it was balls cold outside and then I either didn't like how they looked when I could fit into them (wishing I would have gone skimpier) or never got small enough for them to fit. Obviously by the time I realized this, they couldn't be return.

Either way, I think motivating yourself with something you love is awesome and not at all weird. So if you have the money, I say why not.

ETA: Cheap maid costume: HELL YES.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Its not weird, just be realistic about how small you get it just in case halloween comes and its too small. I don't want to be a downer, i just have a lot of when i lose this weight clothes. However, I can't wait to wear a sexy halloween costume. Its been 3 years since I've worn anything remotely sexy for halloween.