P90X or 30 Day Shred?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I did 30 shred 1st then jumped straight to p90x. Worked out well for me since I was not in shape at all at thAt time. P90x was the real deal where I slimmed more and gained muscle definition

Same here! I started with the regular power 90, then I did 30DS, then P90x, started insanity... then had another baby lol started insanity didn't work for me started doing cross fit and 30DS ... but 30DS is better for me currently since I don't have much time for a workout and I squeeze that in at night before bed
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Honestly don't think your results will be dramatically different if you only variable is the exercise program.

Consider the fact that MFP wants you to 'eat back' your exercise calories, and that the formulas in all of the beach body nutrition plans opperate under the same principal: the more you do the more you will have to eat to avoid losing muscle.

Doing the opposite, doing more and eating less (or the same) is going to make you lose weight faster but you WILL lose more muscle that way.

So if what you really want to do is just burn fat, you might have an easier time of it doing less (30DS) and eating less.

it sounds like a bunch of bs, but if you defecit is too big you WILL lose muscle... so in my mind if increased strength and athletecism is of no importance with you... it might actually be easier and definetly less time consuming to create a 500 cal defecit on 300 day shread then it would be to do it on P90x. (because you are burning more so you have to eat more to stay at only a 500 cal defecit... in other words its not necessary to work that hard to burn fat).
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think for longer term results then P90X is better - it will change your body more. One extra pound of muscle will burn 12 pounds of fat a year just by being there - so the benefits are lasting. But as my man above says, you have to eat to build, just eat the right stuff.