"Luxury" foods.

Options
futureshopaholic
futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
What is a food item that you think is "luxurious"? For example, I think beef jerky is so delicious but I never buy it because its so expensive for the amount. I had a piece today and it was soooooo amazing. *drool*

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Good steak.

And now that I am watching calories - I demand REALLY good steak. :)
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Octopus
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    macadamia nuts. i still buythem, but in teeny tiny quantities. I adore them...but i can happily munch through heaps of them and so it's best if i don't buy them in large amounts for both wallet and waistline hehe
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    lobster cause i don't know how to make it so only get it at restaurants and even though only will order it at certain ones. ceviche for the same reason but also because i prefer homemade versions and we see people who would make it rarely.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    jamon iberico de belotta

very expensive but divine and soooooooo delicious
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    King crab and Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake (not together, wrong thread, lol) . . . so yummy!
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Snow crabs and a lobster stuffed with tacos...
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    strawberries, seafood and turkey
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    chocolate
    ice cream
    most nuts
    chocolate coated nuts
    chocolate ice-cream
    chocolate ice cream with nuts

i keep promising myself an ice-cream... not had ice-cream in... a while, best to get it at the cinema, so that i'm limited to a couple of scoops, rather than a litre ;)
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I'd go with Lobster. Even uncooked (live) they are expensive, £37 (US$55) per kilo, but sooooooooooo good!! Decent prawns and langoustines (raw, frozen) are around half that price and go a lot further.
  • futureshopaholic
    futureshopaholic Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! With Lobster being THAT expensive I don't even want to try it because If I actually liked it then that would be another luxurious food on my list. x.x
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    A beautiful steak, for sure. Jamon Iberico de Bellota and lobster are very close runners-up.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    Sushi
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Perhaps my luxury is real champagne that ONLY comes from France. I was in the US and ordered a class of champagne that tastes sweet and I asked the bar tender where is was from and he told me California!

A good bottle of Ruinart Blanc de Blancs NV, Bollinger or Tattinger has to be done every now and again. I usually have it in the house but don't drink it all the time.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Haha...lolpoors

Fried crappie for me, but it's earned, not bought.