nexium or other acid reducers

Options
Yurippe
Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
Has anyone been on a perscription acid reducer and found out after changing their diet that they no longer needed it? I just realized that I forgot to take my nexium this morning. I should be in horrible pain at the moment but I feel fine.

I'll probably take it again in the morning to be safe but maybe try taking it every other day for a while to see if I can wean myself off it completely.

Replies

• BamaRose0107
    Options
    I have noticed a big difference. I used to take protonix and then prilosec OTC but since I have been eating healthier and losing weight I have been able to stop taking them. I also have been able to wean myself off of depression medicine.
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. With every other pound I loss, the less it was necessary to medically treat those symptoms.

I'm working hard to reduce or eliminate all unnecessary meds in my future!

Congrats...your life is going to change substantially!
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm glad it wasn't just a lucky day. Really looking forward to keeping the cash for that script.
  • widmane
    widmane Posts: 6
    Options
    How is your esophogeal sphincter performing? Sounds like the others who responded and you are experiencing what I am. 25 pounds ago, gravity was yanking down on my belly fat which was hanging onto my all of my inards, And at the top of my inards was my esophogeal sphincter. Little muscle that relaxes to let food in and tightens up to keep acid and food from backing up into your food tube. All the weight pulling down changes the angle between the food tube and the tummy making it harder for the sphicter to keep it closed. I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss and hope your symptoms go away.