Celiac Disease

Options
2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    not celiac but i have a wheat allergy so i eat gluten free as much as possible. since i'm only allergic there's not as much of a necessity to stay wheat/gluten free as a celiac.

there are tons of alternatives you can use. there are a series of books by the gluten free gourmet where she gives recipes for things like breads and pastries.that ypu can make on your own. depending on where you live, you might have access to some amazing bakeries and restaurants who are completely gluten free.

for me, the hardest thing is dealing with eating out. as you'll find out in your research, gluten is in far more things than just bread, pasta and cereal. it's also in many sauces and meat products like sausages for binding.

my suggestion would be to start off by making everything from scratch at home so you know exactly what's in it. since celiac is an auoimmune issue it's really not something ypou should take for granted and think you're eating GF just because you're eating a meat and a veggie at a restaurant.