2 ingredient Cookies!

Options
EmmieBaby
EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
Hello All,

I found a tasty treat for us all...and all you need is bananas and quick oats

Pour 1 cup of oats in the bowl and drop the bananas in. I ended up using 2 and 1/4 bananas.

Start mashing them up with a spoon or a fork making sure to get a thick enough consistency that will just hold the oats together.

If you're feeling a little crazy go ahead and add some chocolate chips, a few dashes of cinnamon and or walnuts for an added boost of flavor. A little chocolate always tastes good to me and walnuts provide a great texture as well as many health benefits for your body.

I used a small spoon to scoop out little cookie portions. Be sure to use a non stick or greased cookie sheet.

Pop them in the 350 degree oven. bake between 15-18min

recipe found here http://www.chicagonow.com/body-by-bond/2013/03/how-to-make-healthy-and-easy-2-ingredient-cookies/#image/1

enjoy!

Replies

• learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am going to add a few extras to them and make breakfast bars.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    That sounds good! Thanks!
  • CABasile
    CABasile Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • learningtolove
    Options
    Mine are in the oven now with almond peices,chocolate chips and cinnamon added in. I will let everyone know how they taste.
  • Tortoisegirl7
    Tortoisegirl7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sounds nice. I will have to try them
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Definitely BUMP! :) Thanks!
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i made them. they were not sweet enough for me.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I tried these a few months ago and they were utterly horrible. They come out very rubbery, like porridge stuck in the bottom of your bowl from the day before, they stick to your teeth, have a weird taste and are just not nice in the slightest. The entire batch went in the bin I'm sad to say. I like my cookies to have some crunch or at least a texture that I can get my teeth through easily. Faux cookies ain't cookies (wish they were!).

Instead I use bananas to make chocolate icecream (which does work): http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2012/08/simple-chocolate-banana-ice-cream.html
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I find using my kitchen aid mixer gets a better batter for this. And I add 1 tbs cinnamon and 1/4 cup raisins.
    I also did a version where I added 2-3 tbs cocoa powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper, and they were tasty, too.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so both versions suited me just fine!
  • suzywantsitall
    suzywantsitall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump to try
  • learningtolove
    Options
    I made mine into a "breakfast bar" shape and I think its amazing!!! I used 1 cup quick oats 3 small/medium bananas ( they were frozen in my freezer) 2 tbsp chocolate chips,crushed up 15 g of almonds and a butload of cinnamon,baked for 15 minutes on a greased pan. Made 4 bars ,150 calories each
    Im in love,will definitely be making them again!!!
    I guess they're not for everyone judging by the responses,but I think add ins could make all the difference. If you find them too bitter maybe add a teaspoon or 2 of sugar,but I don't find mine bitter at all.
  • fiona2785
    fiona2785 Posts: 82
    Options
    In the oven now, trying with dark chocolate chips and cinnamon. Smell good!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I made mine into a "breakfast bar" shape and I think its amazing!!! I used 1 cup quick oats 3 small/medium bananas ( they were frozen in my freezer) 2 tbsp chocolate chips,crushed up 15 g of almonds and a butload of cinnamon,baked for 15 minutes on a greased pan. Made 4 bars ,150 calories each
    I guess they're not for everyone judging by the responses,but I think add ins could make all the difference. If you find them too bitter maybe add a teaspoon or 2 of sugar,but I don't find mine bitter at all.

Did you use over-ripe bananas? Please say no. I want to try this so bad but once a banana gets past a certain point the smell absolutely nauseates me - not to mention the taste! (and yet, I can eat banana bread, so strange)
  • Taylormade_80
    Taylormade_80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, gonna give them a try. Maybe i'll add little honey to sweeten it up. Thanks for sharing.
  • mikepasztor
    Options
    Cool deal!

I use eggs and a banana mashed together to make pancakes.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • learningtolove
    Options

Did you use over-ripe bananas? Please say no. I want to try this so bad but once a banana gets past a certain point the smell absolutely nauseates me - not to mention the taste! (and yet, I can eat banana bread, so strange)

I freeze my bananas as soon as they start to turn,then when I used them I just defrosted them in the microwave for 1 minute before mashing them into the mix.
  • areilly78
    areilly78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband and I tried these earlier this week. We added a little bit of cinnamon too. :) They are a little bland, but I liked them. Thinking about adding a little honey to them. :)