wilted salad blues...

Options
I work the night shift at a hospital and every night I bring my lunch and some salad dressing and go down to the cafeteria to get salad. They usually have spinach and mixed greens and yummy veggies...but the last few times the salad has been all wilted and brown! Leaving me hungry and tempted by all the naughty treats down there! Its hard to control your food urges at 2am! I got baked lays tonight...but last time I got oreo chocolate pudding.

Just had to vent! Its hard enough to make good choices when everyone around you is eating fried chicken and take out Chinese...but when your planned healthy snack gets ruined...it'll really get you!

Replies

• lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Can you prepare your own salad vegies and snacks from home and take them to work?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I just buy some Romaine lettuce, grape tomatoes, and black olives and eat that with a light Italian dressing. It's good and easy to throw together. You should bring some sliced apples and carrot sticks just so you have something that looks and tastes good so you won't be tempted by other things.