Exercise Calories

Options
Good morning! Had a quick question...are we supposed to eat the calories we get back from exercising? Seems like it defeats the purpose.... right?

Replies

• scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Options
    I think you can eat the calories you get back from exercise. Its the net calories that count and you need to eat more when you exercise anyway. Doesn't defeat the purpose at all you will still lose weight as long as you create a deficit each day.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    You're supposed to (blah blah blah)... I never eat back all of my exercise cals. Unfortunately the safest recommendation that anyone can give to you is to eat them. Everyone is different so no matter what someone else on here does it doesn't mean it will work for you.

There are sticky topics in the general section I believe under "newbies"...

this topic has been caned over and over again so do everyone a favor and just go read it.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    I think you can eat the calories you get back from exercise. Its the net calories that count and you need to eat more when you exercise anyway. Doesn't defeat the purpose at all you will still lose weight as long as you create a deficit each day.
    Thank you for explaining it to me!