Changing for Health

Options
I'm a 48-year-old female, and am determined to stay healthy and weigh less by my 50th birthday next year. I've tried a lot of other plans, but hope that this will be the last one. I am "learning" to like fitness, as exercise has not been a priority. I have a significant amount of weight to lose, but am realistic and thinking about my goals in 10-pound increments. I lost 2 pounds my first week, and today kicks off week 2.

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Nothing like a b-day where the first number in your age changes to make you think!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Positive thoughts only. This will work for you! Just eat your calorie allowance plus the cals you earn from exercise. Make sure you balance your diet with dairy, carbs, fruits, veggies, and protein. Also make sure you drink your 8 glasses of water every day. I have never eaten so much on a diet before. I've also not been so fit since high school. You will love this new lifestyle. It makes you look and feel incredible.
  • bjw1965
    bjw1965 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wish you every success in time for your 50th ... and fingers crossed that your second week goes really well for you.

I am also trying to become a version of my younger, slimmer, fitter self by my 45th in December : ) ... doggedness is they key I think, just keep logging on and keep recording your food, especially on bad days - I think that is when it is even more useful, it has been for me anyway. Next stop the gym of course ... there is a little local one that does not charge a joining fee and you only pay each time you go. So no excuses, and I will try and get down there next week.