Two years on. Big highs, huge lows and pics.

Options
cjs3001
cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
March 9th 2011 I was sick. D&V, horrible stomach cramps that I'd never had before and no idea what had caused it. I spent all of the 9th feeling sorry for myself and wondering what I had done. I still felt pretty crap on the 10th and I decided that I'd had enough. I had no control over my body, my eating habits and really my mind so I realised I needed to buck my ideas up before something really bad happened. I'd read in the paper that someone had lost like 6 stone with an app they downloaded so I decided to follow in their footsteps and give it a go. I didn't weigh myself until I bought scales a week later and the number was gross. 265lbs. 18st 13lbs. Considering the D&V and the 'dieting' for a week I wouldn't have been surprised if I had pushed 20 stone at one point in my life.

Since then I have logged in every day since. 2011 was a great year for me. I had a great steady weight loss, started noticing things about myself I'd never seen before and felt great. 2012 was much slower but I managed to lose 75lbs by last summer and get to 190lbs. Dropped a load of sizes in clothes, did fitness things I never thought I'd do (no one would ever have predicted that I would go running or turn our spare room into a gym, least of all me!) and felt amazing.

Towards the end of the year I just stopped. I convinced myself that I was the smallest I have been since I was about 15 (and I'm 23 now) and that I could just not bother. Then Christmas came and all hell broke loose and I just ate and drank somewhat constantly. I managed to see in the new year at 206lbs and have still only managed to lose a few pounds of that 3 months later. I'd promised myself I'd never go over 200lbs again when I broke into Onederland and I've let myself down. I've cried about it, whinged about it and generally thought sod it and just carried on eating and being self destructive.

But that won't get me anywhere. I constantly tell people that its okay, you can have a blip or because you've already lost the weight before you can do it again but it doesn't sound the same when you say it to yourself. Sometimes though you just need to look in the mirror and say 'you know what? you could be 265lbs still or at the rate you were going 300lbs'. 65lbs is a HUGE amount of weight to have lost and I need to be proud. I need to be proud of the fact that yes I have put on some weight but it has been about 10lbs over MONTHS of not doing what I should have been and that it could have been 10lbs EVERY month and I could be right back where I started.

So with all that being said and however much I may ***** and moan to anyone who will listen (and particularly those that don't talk back like my little orange fur baby) I. Am. Happy. I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life and I'm so much lighter and fitter than I ever have been.

Plans for this year:
- Get off my *kitten* and get fitter. I genuinely don't care about the numbers. My body shape will pretty much ensure that if I was a light little person I would look bizarre and if I lose my *kitten* I think I would lose my boyfriend too. I want to not wobble and I want to see some sexy girl muscles.
- Complete some sort of exercise plan. I have started 3 different programmes in the past (C25K, 30DS and Insanity) and stuck with them for 3 months, a week and 3 weeks respectively. NROLFW is also in my sights so SOMETHING is going to get beasted this year.
- Stop being such a whiney little girl. I have pretty much nothing in my life to complain about, I'm just a fat *kitten* and bad attitude and I need to pack it in!

Right, so sorry to have bored you guys to death. Here's the fun part. Sadly I didn't take pictures when I first started so the biggest ones are at 248lbs.

ew.jpg

current.jpg

skeg-1.jpg

The light blue jeans would either cut me in half leaving those horrible red fat-person-wearing-too-small-clothes marks on me or they would have to sit underneath my gut.

jeans.jpg

And now for the cheesy biggest loser moment...

jeanson.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Caroline. x

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job, you look great!
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look great. And I love your biggest loser moment! Not cheesy at all.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done, you look really good. Keep up the good work, remember that maintenance is the hardest part of losing weight.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Way to Go! Well done!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Fabulous progress Caroline, you look gorgeous!
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!! You look amazing
  • misspinklee
    misspinklee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! So proud of you honey :)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Way to go!!!
  • beetpoet
    beetpoet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You really are an inspiration. I love your sense of humor and your attitude. Good going!!
  • b3kah5
    b3kah5 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I love the pants pic. It really puts things into perspective! Congrats!
  • mrtentaclenun
    mrtentaclenun Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I continue to find you completely adorable and inspiring! And I don't mind your *****ing because I do it too <3 You have really come SO far! I am glad to hear you are happy, I worry about you sometimes :(

Also, don't feel bad for not completing Insanity as my Insanity buddy of sorts, I didn't finish it this time either.... You will kick *kitten* this year and I am glad we are friends and that I get to see it happen! And I can't wait to see your hulk arms when you get there! <3<3<3
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you look great! well done girl :smile:
    such an inspiration and just what i need for some much lacking motivation at this point in time, thank you x
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Keep going! :)
  • Debmae65
    Debmae65 Posts: 2
    Options
    You have done wonderfully sweetie. Unfortunately for you it's not just my funny little fingers you inherited but my love of food and body shape. But now YOU are my inspiration and I am hoping I can do as well as you have xxx
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice work! Life does have its ups and downs. You've really sustained!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!