Why being a vegetarian is good for health

Options
I am now 55 and have been a vegetarian for more than 30 years. I practice Yoga and meditation at least 3 times a week. I took early retirement as a professor of physics and now teach high school physics. I am also a practioner of natural medicine. I am a free lance journalist during my spare time, and travel to India and Japan.

Great men and women have become vegetarians. Amongst them are Henry David Thoreau, Einstein, Gandhi, Tolostoy, Mother Teresa, Dr. Oppenhiemer Father of Atomic Bomb, and many more, too numerous to catalogue. Vegetarian society in the UK which was started by Gandhi during his time as a barrister (Lawyer), 1901 is one of the most respected and oldest societies whose membership is growing every day.

If any one here is interested in vegetarian, Emotonal and Social Intelligence please write me, I will be glad to entertain correspondence.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Sorry I fail to understand the point of this thread besides trying to state that your way of eating is better than all others... unless the point was to start a debate of sorts about which diet is better.

You can be a very healthy vegetarian... you can be a very healthy Vegan... you can be a very healthy meat eater. You can also be a very unhealthy vegetarian, vegan or meat eater. One diet is not better than any other. One of those three diets will not always make you healthier nor will they make you unhealthy.

I don't know why there have been so many threads lately about why eating meat is better, being vegan is better or being vegetarian is better. They are all equal based on what people decide is best for them provided they still get proper nutrients in their diet.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you forgot to mention "why being a vegetarian is good for health."

come on mr. freelance journalist. do some journalism.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options

come on mr. freelance journalist. do some journalism.

Thank you!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options

Yeah, was very disappointed that it wasn't really explained. Haha
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Vegetarianism is good for health but all the people you mentioned are dead. Also I don't think being a vegetarian will make me a historical figure and I really doubt the two are related. Steve Jobs was adopted. All adopted kids aren't genius rich adults.

I am vegetarian but found this post nothing more than a mini biography

Edit. I notice your profile says you just joined, this is your first post and you are 57 (not 55) so I will just take this with a grain of salt as I doubt it's for real