Who now weighs more than starting weight?

Options
Just curious - who started out pretty here and lost weight only to gain it back and then some? I was losing pretty steadily and then had to travel a lot more for work. I made some very poor decisions about food while on the road. Instead of unsweetened tea - I started drinking diet soda. I tried to justify that a jr. cheeseburger is better than a full size cheeseburger when in reality both are bad choices. I would snack more because I hated my job. I stopped tracking my food intake. I gained back the weight plus 10 pounds. I'm clawing my way back and am about 2 pounds over my start weight. Some things have changed - I've started the 30 DS, stopped the soda, made better choices, forgave myself, appreciated the taste of food and understood that small changes turn into big results. I refused to reset my starting weight - it would have confirmed my failure and I couldn't showcase that I made it back. I still stumble though.

Anyone else with this experience?

Replies

• chirpinggalaxy
    Options
    Every time I diet, I start at a higher starting weight than my last diet start.

This time is an exception, and I'm hoping a success.

I started Weight Watchers in January and became pretty frustrated pretty quickly. I did lose a few pounds, but always felt deprived and ended up eating more on WW. I did manage to lose about 7 pounds, however.

This time, I started 7 pounds lower than my WW high weight in January.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,020 Member
    Options
    I think that is probably a very common trend for a lot of people.

Good for you for kicking your own butt and getting back at it.

I have 10-15 pounds that come and go every winter/summer. It's annoying, but I'm learning to live with it after five years of it. It's just cold and wet for eight months of the year here. Brutal for outdoorsy stuff.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I lost 78lbs back in 09/2010 .. I let tragic things and life in general get in my way .... when I came back Jan. of this year I gained everything back and then some ..... this time around I have more of a positive attitude and determination
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i have..back in october i had bilateral calf strains..pretty bad..i had severe cramps/knots then went and ran a few 5ks without resting them, which strained them. i couldnt walk for a week. that put me out of action. then being around the holidays i ate alot..now i'm over 20 lbs heavier. i am 10 lbs heavier than when i started. i put on like 10 lbs of muscle, so i dont count that. i am pretty disgusted with myself, as i was loving the body i had. its been hard getting back on track. i replaced my healthy habits with bad ones. recently i started having all over muscle aches, pains, tingling in extremities, and finally what drove me to the doctor was a 2 weeks of chest pain..did tons of tests..turns out i have a Vit D deficiency..which supposedly a lot of americans do. so i just literally started my vit d supps, picking up some calcium and trying to get more sun. i work night shift, so never see the sun. i still have to wrap my calves sometimes to work, and am still having aches and pains..but i've started walking outside for about an hour and eating healthy again...i am sickened to look in the mirror at myself as to what i've let myself slip back into. i am really disgusted and its quite depressing..but now knowing what my muscle problems are from, i feel a little better and renewed to get back at it..i'll have to start slow again, as i dont want to re-injure my legs and then be down again for months. so walking and eating healthy...take my vitamins and get re energized...
  • Sspring9696
    Options
    I've pretty much did same thing. :(