All my hard earned workout calories GONE :(

Options
Why or why do I have to drink beer and wine too much? Last night was fun with friends and bamm all my hard earned workout calories are gone.
When does reality set in that I am not 21 anymore.
What do you think is "drinking in moderation" especially to sustain weightloss?

Replies

• purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I am going to have to work out extra hard today and drink tons of water to make up for yesterday!
    But today is a new day. No point it beating yourself up and losing motivation.
  • livingnlove
    Options
    I don't know how to drink in moderation, so I don't drink anymore. ;) been almost 10 years now.
  • MystAKAlKonceit
    MystAKAlKonceit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Its ok to treat urself....have a glass while out mingling.....just dont try to drink the bottle. Everything is fine in moderation. Also stay away from beer and mixed drinks 250+ in cals ...a glass of white wine is abt 80-90 red wine abt 100. For that you can have two glasses for wht you are drinking in beer =)
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to drink in moderation, so I don't drink anymore. ;) been almost 10 years now.

I think that may be my issue
  • purdygrl
    purdygrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My personal mini goal for is NO drink till May 10th.

But anything in moderation is fine. Don't let one night beat you up and make you slide off your goals.
  • Moonboots100
    Moonboots100 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I tended to drink alot of "alcopops"...... Until I joined this site!!! I realised the amount of calories I was wasting with these!!! Plus it wasnt doing my teeth any good!! I have now switched to vodka and diet pepsi (I drank vodka anyway) and although Im missing the alcopops, Im feeling so much better that Ive cut down calorie wise.
    I calculated a 70cl bottle of vermouth the other day (something that me and dad can polish off quite easily when nattering) and it came to a massive 1,001 calories!!! OUCH!!!!

Diet mixers all the way!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    One day won't undo a week's worth of effort. Just drink lots of water, exercise, and stay in your cal allotment for the next few days. Any gained pounds will come off.
  • CharleeChaos
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Drinking is the bad habit I've given up most recently. I'd say one night out a month may not be so bad. Just don't turn it in to twice a month, once a week, a couple times a week, you get my point. I'd say it's about like how I started limiting my food. Just start out slow and work from there. It all gets easier.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up...everyone needs a night out. But, if you find that it is consistently ruining your progress and you don't want to give up drinking, I would do a little legwork on calorie content. That way, when you hit the bar you can make the right choices. As far as 'moderation', it depends on the person, what they are drinking, and how often. However, I think it's safe to say that moderation does not mean 'stumbling drunk'. On a daily basis, moderation would be 1 drink for women and 2 drinks for men. Is it possible for you to have 2 drinks maybe 3 tops when you go out with your friends and then call it a night? Try pacing yourself instead of chugging your drink down. If anything, always order a glass of water with your drink. You can treat it as a 'chaser' and it may help you drink less by equally filling up on it. If you try any or all of this, it may help you feel that you are 'keeping up' with your friends, not the only one standing there without a drink in their hand, and still controlling your calorie intake. Good luck next time!
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Keep on pushin' on! As others have said, one day doesn't destroy everything :)
  • marybethbeech
    Options
    I'm trying not to drink now. I'm trying to get in shape for my wedding in August, and if I have one drink I want two, and if I have two I think, "One more won't hurt," and so on and so on until I've drank a bottle of wine by myself. So for me the easiest thing to do is abstain, for now at least.

It was really hard last night. We went out to a burger joint for dinner and EVERYBODY at the table but me was drinking... Then we came back to our house afterwards and everyone kept drinking... But right now for me, with such an important deadline looming before me, my weight loss is more important than social drinking.

Honestly, though, if I wasn't worried about wedding photos, I would have had a drink with everyone else lol