Low Carb and Keto friends

Options
This is not my first plea for pals and I have some great ones already but the more the merrier!!

I'm starting low carb on monday - hoping to maintain ketosis but if i at least manage low carb I'll be happy.

Looking for friends to peek at your diaries and offer mutual support - not everyone understands us I know!!

Replies

• Bison008deleted
    Options
    By all means add me in!
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Add me too, i tend to say what my meals are in my food notes cos sometimes the ingredients look daft.xx
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    Thanks both have sent a request :)

Anyone else!? :D
  • EvilDollee
    EvilDollee Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm also going back to low carb on Monday, feel free to add me.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options

I LOVE your ticker picture! And I'm low carb too-75net or less.
  • sunryse00
    sunryse00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just friended you. I aim for 20 Net carbs or less, I don't hit it but I aim for it (although yesterday and today are a bust).
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer, feel free to add me
  • yohashlee
    yohashlee Posts: 11
    Options
    Add me too!! I'm sitting around 18g on a good day... 4.4lb in one week! :-)
  • RacheleM31
    Options
    Would love some new friends on MFP for support and encouragement
  • ODF206
    ODF206 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I just started low carb today after finding I'm my highest weight ever! Ahh - I need to lose 20lbs. I did South Beach almost 10 years ago and lost 10lbs in three weeks and my hair, skin and eyes looked incredible, so I know it works (at least.. it worked then, fingers crossed it will again). Off now to the sushi place for sashimi and green tea!
  • ElliieMental
    Options

I LOVE your ticker picture! And I'm low carb too-75net or less.

hehe thank you :) will send a request
  • Alexfit12
    Alexfit12 Posts: 54
    Options
    You can add me. I'm on low carb (-20grams) during the week, and I eat normally during the weekend to refuel my muscles for training. :D
  • jonathantsang
    Options
    i am dropping some weight for an upcoming tournament.

switching from a paleo style of eating to keto to cut a couple pounds on the fly.

feel free to add me guys =D
  • jimmypaleo
    Options
    I just joined MFP and have been on a low carb diet since September, 2012. I lost 51 lbs on it and
    have moved to a Paleo diet to maintain my weight. I'm at 100g carbs +- 20g/day.
    I never droped as low as 20g carbs a day but stayed at 50-60g a day.
    The food diary is a good way to understand how much your eating and what percentages your
    calories are made of.
    The key for me to not being hungry all the time while loosing 51lbs?
    I cut out all gluten foods.
    Whole wheat, refined wheat, bread, pasta, cakes, & donuts. Plus all the gluten hidden in
    processed foods like sald dresssings, soups, candy bars, etc.
    And I always ate 50% or more calories of good animal fats plus coconut oil, butter, & lard.
    This fat allows me to feel satisfied until the next meal. Too many carbs and too little fat and I'm hungry
    all the time.
    Observe people eating around you on a given day and notice how many carb calories and little fat calories
    they eat. Most of their carbs come from wheat. And they reach for the low-fat foods. High carbs & low fat
    and they over eat carbs everyday. You can't overeat fat because you get full & stop.
    Most people are scared to death of good fat.
  • ElliieMental
    Options
    I just joined MFP and have been on a low carb diet since September, 2012. I lost 51 lbs on it and
    have moved to a Paleo diet to maintain my weight. I'm at 100g carbs +- 20g/day.
    I never droped as low as 20g carbs a day but stayed at 50-60g a day.
    The food diary is a good way to understand how much your eating and what percentages your
    calories are made of.
    The key for me to not being hungry all the time while loosing 51lbs?
    I cut out all gluten foods.
    Whole wheat, refined wheat, bread, pasta, cakes, & donuts. Plus all the gluten hidden in
    processed foods like sald dresssings, soups, candy bars, etc.
    And I always ate 50% or more calories of good animal fats plus coconut oil, butter, & lard.
    This fat allows me to feel satisfied until the next meal. Too many carbs and too little fat and I'm hungry
    all the time.
    Observe people eating around you on a given day and notice how many carb calories and little fat calories
    they eat. Most of their carbs come from wheat. And they reach for the low-fat foods. High carbs & low fat
    and they over eat carbs everyday. You can't overeat fat because you get full & stop.
    Most people are scared to death of good fat.

Thanks for your post Jimmy - everything you said is so true!

I'm aiming for about 50g carbs a day because I know that when I eat that way I don't feel hungry all the time.

Wheat is definitely the root of all evil as far as me and my diet are concerned.