I want everyone to keep this in mind

Options
The media has shown us time and time again that we are only "sexy" if we are a 90 pound model but, that's not true! You are beautiful, you are sexy and you are important whether you are 700 pounds or 100 pounds.
I am so sick of hearing people say "I need to lose weight because, I am too fat". When you ask them why they feel that way they look at you dumbfounded - "Have you seen the size of actresses, models, singers etc."! Yes, I have seen the size of them and I happen to think that you are beautiful just like that person or that person.
You DO NOT need to be tiny to be attractive. I have met so many people in my lifetime and trust me, I have met some very tiny women who are not beautiful due to the way that they carry themselves, I have met very large women who are so beautiful inside and out.
Everyone has the power to be gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, handsome, amazing and incredible- It's what you do with that power that can make or break you.
I would love to hear more answers on the "why lose weight" subject that sound like this- "I am losing weight because, I want to FEEL better and I want to be able to do this and this". I NEVER WANT TO HEAR YOU SAY THAT YOU AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH BECAUSE YOU ARE!
I have never in my life met so many women who are only worried about what other's think of them- think about the way you feel and the way that YOU see yourself before taking anyone else's opinions into consideration.

EVERYONE is beautiful, EVERYONE deserves to feel good and EVERYONE deserves happiness. You have the chance to make yourself FEEL better and if you happen to think that you look "better" at the end, than that's just great! :)

I just wanted to remind everyone to love themselves and tell yourself that you are gorgeous or handsome. You are!

Replies

• kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you ^_^
  • swtbaby2
    swtbaby2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • WendyBlendy
    WendyBlendy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Andrea_Alexis_1980
    Andrea_Alexis_1980 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Now that was good to read =) Thank you
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    BRAVO!!!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • 16sezzy
    16sezzy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well said, I'm losing weight so I can feel healthier and so I can do more with my kids without having to stop to catch my breath every 5 mins xxx
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you, for the reminder!! I am focused on becoming me again. I feel like I have lost myself somewhere in the last couple of years. I am the same person on the inside, to an extent, I just need to catch myself before it gets to far. My love of food has sort of taken over my love for myself. The good part is iv'e realized and am taking control back :wink:
  • contentedmummy
    contentedmummy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Totally! wanting to be fit and healthy should be about quality of life, not how you look to others. C xx
  • Educationist
    Options
    You have said it. Why should one care for the media? American media especially has more nostrums than what is truth. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Your picture looks pretty so why bother what others say. Have confidence in yourself. Do not be conscience of the fact how you look like and have faith in yourself.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    you always know what to say, it is so true, and for you too, I want to be healthy for me and my family, my kids are tired of me just watching and not participating in their lives
  • TLTucker80
    TLTucker80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you I really need to hear that today...... very well said.
  • CrazyWhiskers
    CrazyWhiskers Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This forum topic iinspired me to write a blog post:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BlueInkDot/view/forum-topic-502081

Thanks for the reminder. :)
  • timeforme_2013
    timeforme_2013 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TY, :flowerforyou:
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Thin is not in, especially in my house!

It's a very personal choice so I do not bash anyone who aspires to be 90 lbs or who is just naturally skinny.

I just do not find anything attractive about a woman who looks like a 12 y.o. boy...
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    You're damn right, but........I'm not losing weight because I want to be sexier and more good looking (as if I could be sexier and more good looking than I am now, in an old, fat sort of way!!). I'm doing it because I'm fed up feeling like a lump, I'm fed up with clothes that are too tight and trying to buy more from fat shops, I want to be healthier and get rid of my high blood pressure, I'm fed up with asking for an extension seat belt on airplanes, and the way passengers who have to sit next to me look, the way I can't get the little food tray down past my belly so I don't eat on planes, the way colleagues suggest I take the front seat in the taxi. I could go on but I won't bore you.

Being sexier and better looking is only a minor bonus once I get past the other things.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful person. Thank you for taking the time to post this and to remind everyone what beauty really is. I'm not trying to lose weight to be sexy or to be desired; I'm doing it so I can live a long life and so I can feel good about myself and the choices I'm making. You are truly an amazing person and I hope your message carries forward and reaches everyone on this site. xo Sam