Banish Belly Fat

Options
Ok so this is now one of my problem areas, it was never an issue until bundle no.3 arrived so now 8 months have passed and although im slowly noticing a difference i really want to get my flat belly back. I used to have natural abs and a flat tummy even after my second child, but with no 3 my skin stretched a little and I have a slightly chunky tum.....So people what do you recommend to banish belly fat im all ears. Thanks :)

Replies

• spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lower your body fat percentage
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    best thing you can do is just decrease fat everywhere.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Flat stomachs start in the kitchen.
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit, exercise, and patience.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Yup, calorie deficit and strength training, with a dusting of cardio. That is all.
  • julieharrell1
    julieharrell1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have battled stomach fat my whole life. Cardio and lots of it works the best. Although I lose weight everywhere else first. Give it time, it took me over a year to lose my baby fat. If a year has gone by, and you still haven't lost it, ask your doctor to check your thyroid levels.
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    Planks are great for working the core area, so I would in-cooperate them into whatever else you do to stay fit. There is no way to spot reduce but these will give that area a good workout.
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Planks are great for working the core area, so I would in-cooperate them into whatever else you do to stay fit. There is no way to spot reduce but these will give that area a good workout.

Totally agree
  • RachelMNBurke
    RachelMNBurke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cardio will get you to lose weight everywhere by creating a calorie deficit like mentioned above, but nothing will get your tummy area toned better than core exercises(Pilates, Yoga, crunches) with small weights. Pilates tones you with out bulking you up. Using small weights with high reps helps!! :)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Cardio will get you to lose weight everywhere by creating a calorie deficit like mentioned above, but nothing will get your tummy area toned better than core exercises(Pilates, Yoga, crunches) with small weights. Pilates tones you with out bulking you up. Using small weights with high reps helps!! :)

Oh please please disregard this advice. Women will not bulk up without chemical intervention or serious serious weightlifting and eating well above their TDEE. If you are going to lift anything, make it heavy as you can for less reps. Search heavy lifting. The old myth about light weight for high reps should be buried by now. You cannot spot reduce belly fat, nothing can be spot reduced. Cardio will not change your body shape, just reduce what you already have. If you want a hard body after losing fat you need to strength train.
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    ok this has always been my problem area too. i've been on with loosing wieght and lifestyle change for over two years now, and my tummy never really moved that much. then last year i had another look at what i'm eating and what i used to eat when i was thin/had little to no tummy. i discovered i had changed from whole foods, butter, milk, cheese yogurt etc.. to healthy ones marg, low fat, diet and sunflower spreads and oils and man made foods.
    And where i used to only have a little and eat four or five times a day, i had changed to three meals as has been installed in us from health profesionals and society and health educators . I though all this was healthy for me and would be better for my health, but i have had many health issues in the last ten year including being overweight and unable to loose is from around my middle.

So what had changed.
    last december i thought i try change a few of the things back to what i ate as a child. i now have butter and whole milk and i stopped eating things with corn in them and sunflower oils. I cut down on flour products and low-fat and diet products. I do eat lots of fresh meats and foods,veg and friuts. and i also have begun try to eat more often, keeping a check on my portion sizes. i have for the first time in over ten years put on my size ten trousers yesterday. my stomach is shrinking, the back of my shoulders and my back has got noticably smaller. my wieghts only comming off as it was before but i am getting smaller. don't get me wrong i still have to watch my calorie intake and my portion sizes but it is working. so you could try replacing/eating natural fresh products instead of man made ones.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Well shucks, you were doing so well until you got to the part about being bulky and using light weights to tone. Partial credit shall be given. Better luck next time
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit
    Good macros
    Sound strength training program
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options

:noway: :noway: :noway: ignore advice in above post

Its simple - calorie deficit, patience and preferably concentrate on strength training with REAL weights not fluffy pink ones and a little smidgen of cardio.:drinker:
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Yup, calorie deficit and strength training, with a dusting of cardio. That is all.

This.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

YUP! :drinker:
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys i should've added i do work out everyday, i either do JM 30DS or JM BFBM & i use 0.5, 1kg & 2kg weights i cant up the weights as i have extremely popping shoulders lol so its just a case of sticking with what im doing already :)
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Its simple - calorie deficit, patience and preferably concentrate on strength training with REAL weights not fluffy pink ones and a little smidgen of cardio.:drinker:
    [/quote]

Now this made me laugh ~ my weights are small but deffo not fluffy pink ones ~ pink is not my colour & i dont do fluffy :laugh: