The First Ten

Options
Hey MFP,

I just wanted to express my first success. I joined sometime in October and found that I had to get from 259 to 140 to get into a healthy range for my height. Well I got on with a gunhoe attitude and I was ready to count all the calories and push on through. Now I am naturally an extremely lazy person. My enjoyments are video gaming and I hate doing more if I can do less.

Well October to November went well. I lost two pounds just from logging. I have a job where I am constantly on my feet and running around so I get tons of exercise that way which is good. My boyfriend loves to good nutrious meals, but then the laziness kicked in. One Saturday he cooked for every meal and I just estimated how many calories were in each meal and logged that but I soon became tired of opening my phone every time I wanted to put something in my mouth to eat and log.

I fell off the wagon but by the graces of all thats wholly, I only gained two pounds back between November and March 2. My boyfriend noticed that I was back to my old ways and put up the red flags. He came up with some great ideas which I am sure are not original, but it helps to hear someone say them to you.

Only way yourself once a week. Pick a day and a time say Saturdays @ 2 to weigh yourself because weighing yourself every day can be discouraging.

We set a new goal for me instead of the 119 pounds I had to lose, we changed it to my goal was losing ten pounds increment every six weeks.

So, last Saturday I weighed myself at 2pm. I was 254. Today I weighed myself at 12pm because I was too excited to weigh and I was 249. I lost 6 lbs in a week and 10 lbs in total. I am so stoked guys. I have 5 weeks left and only 4 lbs to go.

*does a happy dance*

I would post pictures, but the only thing that has changed is my pants are becoming low riders naturally.

Replies

• maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    great start! you can do this!
  • tomeddington
    Options
    You have a similar starting weight and healthy range as I do, I have been logging for a little over two months now and once I got the ball rolling I have found that I'm losing weight at a much faster rate. I only weigh myself once a week on a Wednesday. As I don't own any scales I do this at the gym which costs a little but then I get the benefits of a more accurate machine that also calculates body fat % and BMI. I keep the little tickets that reports all the data and keep them all in one place which I find motivating to compare from time to time.

I have found that I'm much more motivated to do exercise and log my food (for better or worse sometimes) as I am beginning to see results and this has further increased the rate of loss!

Well done with your start, I recommend that you since you have achieved so much so quickly that you keep going at the same rate (within healthy limits!), I find I'm most motivated when I surpass the mini goals I have set myself.

:)
  • wendyhill161
    Options
    I threw away my scales, and I get weighed at my Doctors at the same time every two weeks. I have found by logging everything into MFP, I am so much more aware of what I eat and I am finding it so much easier to make the right food choices. good luck with your weight loss journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!