Polar OwnIndex

brownchristian
brownchristian Posts: 58 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
How does this test Vo2Max? Mine has gone from 35 - 37 since I started wearing the HRM last November. Since then I have lost 40 lbs and went from not being able to walk for 30 mins to now running 3 miles. I have to be healthier then I was last November but the numbers aren't showing it.

Replies

• MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    I dont think a heart rate monitor can assess your vo2... you have to get this done at a clinic as far as I know because you need to be hooked up to a machine.
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    OwnIndex is Polar owned name and from the research I have done its the same as a Vo2 max result. I have gotten my vo2 max result from a treadmill in the past, which has been the same result as on my polar heart rate monitor. You can have it done by having a breathaliser attached which will be more accurate but a own index score is a very good indicator of your fitness. Google vo2 max and ownindex together and you'll find all the info you need.

http://www.sarkproducts.com/fittest.htm
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    I agree... I wouldn't give it much thought. I have taken it 2x in one day before and it's gone from 35 to 52 in one day but before then it has always stayed in the 35 range since last march 09.
This discussion has been closed.