Did well on calories, up my workouts...but gained?

Options
Well, color me discouraged! This past week I did well on my calories and I even upped the intensity of my workouts. I was expecting to have lost at least 1 pound, maybe even 2. But, instead, I gained. What?!!
Not sure if there are other factors I am missing. Or maybe I had too few calories?
Anyone have any insight?

Replies

• skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey bowaknee

I am right with you! I am totally discouraged and have been following the same path as yourself with workouts and doing well on calories to find nothing has happened! I have been stuck at this weight far too long!

sorry for no insight but heres to not letting it get you down and fighting on xxx
  • dkobrn
    dkobrn Posts: 1
    Options
    You are building muscle and it weighs more than fat. When you are building new muscle fibers, your body uses the fluids differently. Drinking lots of water can sometimes help, but bet next week you drop weight.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Sore muscles hold water. If the exercise you do is new to you, you may experience this for a few weeks. Too much sodium and PMS can also play a factor in water retention. I bet if you keep it up, keep your sodium down, and drink lots of water you'll see results soon.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you've just upped your workouts, give it a week or two. Your muscles are probably retaining water, and possibly lots of it. Keep at it and see if things level out, and if they don't, you might try upping your calories a little and see if that helps.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Are you following your measurements along with your weight? You might have actually gone down in inches even though your weight maintained.