vegenaise What is your opinion?

Options
melcasa
melcasa Posts: 60 Member
I'm not vegan or vegetarian. I work with someone who loves vegenaise so I was wondering what others think about it? Health wise is it any better for you? I am weary about using oils verses the fats from eggs in mayo. Open to any thoughts on the condiment. Thanks.

Replies

• JudibugDesigns
    JudibugDesigns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but I am severly allergic to dairy and eggs. (an allergy that literally presented itself overnight a few years ago)

I use Kraft Sweet Onion Vinaigrette in place of mayo with tuna and chicken salad...it's also great as a dressing on pita's and subs. Only 30 calories per tbsp. :)
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan but I love vegenaise. I use the grapeseed one since that is a better oil than canola. It's way better than mayo made from soybean oil.
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It's tasty! I bought this because others said it's healthier than regular mayonnaise. Looking at the nutritional info, though, it's actual higher in calories than mayo. But I think it has better ingredients. I think it tastes just as good as mayo
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    I was vegan once and tried vegannaise. It's nice! I'm not crazy about eating lots of soy byproducts though.