Two days of horrible eating in a row. Stressing! Fixing it?

Options
2»

Replies

• AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    I'm not trying to really lose anymore ( I have lost 68 pounds) but I have figured out that 1200 is my calories for maintaining at this point. I'm working on increasing it slowly.
  • Kauaiartist
    Kauaiartist Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Sorry Burt - but cigarettes? Really? Perhaps that was meant to be "funny"? Anyway - My advice - be kind to yourself - I'm sorry for your loss - perhaps fill the void and sorrow with something other than comfort food ( And for God's sake not a cigarette!!!) Maybe write down some thoughts about your great grandmother - put together a journal - make a little alter to her - it doesn't sound like you are that far off your eating plan - you are still counting your calories - and that is great under the circumstances...Don't beat yourself up over a couple of "bad days" - condolences to you and your family - eat healthy in memory of your grandmother :heart:
    Blessings...
    Lynn:flowerforyou:
  • ttesta20
    ttesta20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your loss! The good news? You NEED to have a day or two like this every once in a while to make your body "remember" how to use its metabolism to the fullest. You've just suffered a very big loss. Don't beat yourself up. If you've been eating well and exercising, your metabolism should be working well anyway, so a day or two of bad eating won't totally derail that.
  • Emglyfolk
    Emglyfolk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ...sorry for your loss. let it go, just get back on track and ONLY look forward... you won't gain 'like crazy' with 2 days of extra calories - maybe a pound of water.... but that's about it and that is easy to loose.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The ironic part here is that your 2000 calorie days sound healthier than the 1200 calorie days.

If you only weigh 118 pounds, and 1800 is your maintenance, then why are you striving for 1200? How much more do you think you need to lose? Not eating enough on a regular basis will make your body rebel. Those two 2000 calorie days probably actually did your body a lot of good. You might find that eating at 1600 is a healthier goal for your situation.

Sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:
  • StaceySuperfly
    StaceySuperfly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. A couple days of overeating is not going to make you gain so relax. You are aware and tomorrow will be a healthier day. Talk to someone about how your loss makes you feel and don't expect food to make you feel better when it clearly is adding stress to your situation. My mom passed away a week before I had open back surgery and I came home from the hospital and ate and ate to comfort myself. Gained 40 pounds in 2 months. Do not let that happen to you, you are in control! :heart:
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Your diary suggests you re regularly running at a deficit of 1000 or more calories over your MFP setting.

This suggests that a few days eating above that setting probably is not going to blow you out of the water. IN fact, you may find that a few days of telling your body that you're not living in a famiine-struck region but have apparently moved to a land where food is plentiiful might help convince it that you can maintain on more than 1200 a day?
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Instead of beating yourself up you should be proud of yourself that you have kept your calories to only 2000 per day. Two days at 2000 calories per day is not going to make you fat. Some people actually do this on purpose so their body doesn't get too used to their usual low calorie diet.
  • Olivia1977
    Olivia1977 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    3500 calories = a pound. You will not gain any real weight if you don't consume an EXTRA 3500 over what you normally eat. So if you normally eat 1200 and you ate around 2000 for two days in a row...guess what? You only over ate 1600 calories which is only a half pound at the most. You didn't do anything that you can't fix. Tommorro is a new day, a new start!! :)
  • julie781
    julie781 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm worried for you. You have some extremely low calorie days in your diary.
  • kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Listen, stop.... just pick yourself up.. Can you do anything about what you have eaten????? NO, so start over, again.... this is a life changing experience, you are gonna have some bad falls... but you have a choice, do you stay in the pity party or do you pick yourself up and keep going.... PICK YOURSELF UP!!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I was lazy earlier and did not check your diary before posting, but having looked at it I'm going to agree with those saying to increase your calories. Good luck and again, I'm sorry for your loss.
  • foodfathought
    foodfathought Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make a U-Turn. If you missed your turnoff on the freeway, would you keep driving until you went through six states? No, you'd turn around as soon as possible.

u-turn.gif

I love this

Me too!