pb2 in oatmeal?

Options
when using pb2 or any other powdered peanut butter, do you have to reconstitute it before adding it to oatmeal? since the oatmeal is already being cooked with water, my thought was that you could just add the dry powder straight to the hot oatmeal for a more concentrated pb flavor?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You can just add the powder. It will dissolve in the oatmeal liquid, no need to mix it with water first.
  • cventic
    cventic Posts: 7
    Options
    You can just add the powder. It will dissolve in the oatmeal liquid, no need to mix it with water first.

Yep. I usually add a little extra water or milk, because the powder will thicken it a little.
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    i love just adding the powder straight in! try the Pb2 peanut powder with chocolate. It's the same caloric intake, but has a chocolatey flavor :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Yep yep and yep - I make my oatmeal with extra water and then stir it into the soupy delicious mixture once cooked. It thickens immediately and is so wonderfully dense and yummy. Love it.

I don't mix it in entirely though because I like the random bites of extra peanut butter-y goodness. Just sayin'...