Foot/Ankle pain question

Options
I couldn't really figure out where best to post this, so hopefully it's okay here. Also, I hope it's not too confusing... it's difficult to explain because I can't find anything from google searches.

So, I've had pain in my right foot on and off for a while (years). It get has gotten more frequent when I started exercising, but it does NOT actually occur when I'm exercising (walking, running, elliptical, weights/strength, etc.). If I've been sitting or standing still for a while and go to put pressure on my foot, my foot and ankle feel weak, if that makes sense, and my ankle will give out if I try to put pressure on it. The pain/weakness occurs on the top of my foot and a couple inches up the front of my ankle. (Extensor hallucis longus muscle?) There is an actual tinge of pain across the top of my foot and along the outside of my foot, opposite my arch. (Inferior extensor retinaculum?) When this happens, I have to walk on the outside of my foot - I guess I have to underpronate? When I'm walking normally I have normal pronation - I've been told I have "very stable feet". I also have high arches.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on exercises I could do to help strengthen this part of my foot? I don't have health insurance, and I really can't afford to go see a sports doctor (or any sort, actually), so I'd like to try to minimize this problem on my own. At the very least, I'd like to know what it's called so I can do some research. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Replies

• Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    It sounds like plantar fasciitis. A massage will help
  • Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    It sounds like plantar fasciitis. A massage will help

I don't have any heel pain, though, and no pain on the bottom of my foot. The pain is totally on the top and outside of my foot, and the front of my ankle.