Looking for breakfast ideas

Options

Replies

• RachelYun27
    RachelYun27 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat hot cereals. Oatmeal, co co wheats, and cream of wheat. I make them with almond milk and so they are all sugar free and low sodium.
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you look at my breakfast it's been the same now for weeks upon weeks: 3 scrambled eggs and 1/2 cup of 2% cottage cheese. 300 calories -- only 7 carbs and 28g of protein. Yum.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Today: one lean turkey burger patty (about 3 oz); 3/4 cup frozen green beans microwaved for 4 minutes, with garlic salt, lemon pepper, and a tiny dab of butter; 2 tablespoons walnut pieces.

I'm not big on the idea of certain foods for certain meals.
  • _michellle
    _michellle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I buy the Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal - & eat it everyday with almond milk. I know buying the packets isn't the best way to eat oatmeal but I'm too lazy and would rather spend the 10 minutes of prep time in my bed :tongue: It's delicious, and oatmeal is one of the best ways to start the day off because it's a great complex carb that provides plenty of fiber to help keep your hunger at bay until lunch.
  • grits317
    grits317 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been enjoying an Ezekiel english muffin with 2 wedges of light laughing cow cheese. The English Muffins are a complete protein. :)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Bacon and eggs gets a bad wrap but I say it's still the perfect breakfast! But if we're talking shakes I say add some peanut butter (if you have the calories), instant coffee, and coconut/almond (or a blend of the two that they sell) along with some ice then blend. This makes the chocolate powders take a lot like an almond joy and the stawberry ones taste almost like Captain Crunch.
  • hellokittyykat
    hellokittyykat Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I eat the Kashi instant oatmeal with half a cup of almond milk. I'll cut up 3 strawberries or so and eat that.
    Or, I make myself a omlette with egg whites which are good in protein. :) In my omlette I'll put either pico de gallo (I love spicy!) or cheese.
  • lizalove84
    Options
    ideas:

2 eggs scrambled, topped with 1/2 serving taco meat, 1/2 serving shredded cheese, 1 serving salsa

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with 1 Tbsp brown sugar and 1/4 tsp of cinnamon -OR- 1 Tbsp honey and 1/4 tsp cinnamon -OR- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup

1 serving old fashioned oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder in it (can't vouch for this one but I see it on here all the time)

2 hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit, low or no-fat yogurt (I like greek, I prefer the thick consistency over the slimy, snotty texture of regular)

protein pancakes (use the forum search feature to find recipes)

steak & eggs, just be sure to watch your portion size on the steak

toast with peanut butter, fresh fruit, oatmeal

Thanks for your help! great ideas :wink:
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoy this:

2 slices of turkey bacon
    1 fried egg
    1 slice of cheese (I use american)
    1 english muffin

Make a nice little breakfast sandwhich. I often eat this for lunch when I'm at home also.

With the brands I use this comes to 330 calories, 29 carbs, 13 fat, 25 protein,875 sodium, and 2 sugar.

You could also throw some avacado on there or tomato.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    I like oatmeal with peanut butter stirred in while also adding flax seed
  • AmberDawn930
    AmberDawn930 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    what i've been having for breakfast (feel free to look at my diary)

from walmart....thomas brand enlgish muffin (the one with 8g of fiber)
    egg white (from the carton, 3 tbsp = 1 large egg)
    turkey bacon (30 cal)
    velvetta slice cheese american (40 cal)

total its 195 cal 5g of fat, 29g of carbs and 19g of Protein.
  • LaylaHalabi
    LaylaHalabi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should go to skinnytaste.com they have literally everything. Their meals are easy and soooo freakin delicious. they have a whole load of healthy filling delicious breakfast foods. I guarantee you'll be satisfied
  • sherrid50
    sherrid50 Posts: 10
    Options
    Protein pancakes:

One scoop of Chris Powell protein powder and 2 egg whites, add blueberries or other berries...150 calories...yummmmm
  • joych
    joych Posts: 3
    Options
    Silken tofu in shakes makes it creamy and has protein.
  • leeannewgeorge
    leeannewgeorge Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Omelet made with 1 egg, 2 egg whites, red and green peppers, jalapeño pepper, chipotle pepper in adobo, turkey sausage crumbles, cilantro, and reduced fat cheese. ( I dice all the veggies and sauté with the turkey sausage first.) Top with salsa if you like. Be careful to add only a small amount of chipotle as they are extremely spicy.
  • Winter_Nights
    Winter_Nights Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like shakes, peanutbutter on toast/low calorie bagels or eggs with onions and spinich (you could always different things to eggs to mix it up!)
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love eggs: scrambled, fried, omelet. To spice them up I add veggies, ham, salsa, etc. I also like cottage cheese with fruit with a side of pb toast. Protein smoothies are great as well, especially if you throw in some spinach for some extra nutrients. I've also started making protein pancakes (1 banana, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, 1 whole egg, cinnamon, vanilla extract) which are sooo good!
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ham and provolone wrapped in a tortilla and microwaved for 45 seconds
  • hannah1011z
    hannah1011z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i really love special K. Its really good for you and super filling, when i eat breakfast i usually have about 2 cups of special k cereal or a special K bar, and a yoplait light yogurt. Its way filling and lasts a long time.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    hey snowflake! feel free to check out my diary. lately i've been having eggs scrambled w cheese, chives, cilantro, and shot of hot sauce w ham and a piece of fruit (either tangerine or small apple). it fits in well low carbing.

another LC option that i really like is this smoothie: 8 oz soy milk, 1/4 cup soft tofu, 6 strawberries, 2 T PB2, ice, and a lil non-sugar sweetener. Ya don't taste the tofu...it just adds creaminess.