Want to do 30DS with no push-ups

Options
I'd like to do the 30DS but have shoulder issues that won't allow me to do the push-ups. Is there another exercise I could use in its place. I've had a frozen shoulder for years and had surgery on it but I still have a very limited range of motion. Thanks for any ideas.

Replies

• krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be tough to do the entire DVD to be honest. She incorporates shoulders with everything.
  • Serafimangel
    Serafimangel Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yep, especially the second and third levels, you are in push up/plank for a lot of the time. Could you maybe try one of her other DVDs that maybe has less push up stuff instead? I really screwed up my shoulder doing the 30DS this time (I've done it before and been ok but i must have just pulled it somehow).
    I havent tried any of ther other DVDs so I cant really comment on the content, but I know they're out there. If you tried to fo 30DS without pushups/plank you'd probably be sitting out half the stuff later on.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be tough to do the entire DVD to be honest. She incorporates shoulders with everything.
    Agreed. There are a lot of moves involving shoulders, and it's one of the areas I feel most after doing the workouts.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you've got something like that, better to stay away from a set metabolic workout like that, and instead, set something up that separates resistance and cardio into different sessions. Maybe do machine cardio + a couple days of just weights, and have someone look at your weight program.

That way, you can modify any moves you need to, and take as much time as you need to instead of feeling even subconsciously rushed by the pace of the DVD, which will make paying attention to your pain and ROM difficult.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Glad to have your input. I have been able to hold a plank for about 20 secs. and am working on some crunches with my elbows raised. I'll keep up with the Leslie Sansone walks on Youtube and hope the shoulder will improve as I get in better shape.