Anyone trying to gain weight?

Options
Hey everyone,

I've had an eating disorder for a while but have now decided enough is enough. I'm seeing a counsellor for the first time next week but I want to start my weight gain as soon as possible. I'm sick and tired of covering myself in layers upon layers of clothes and, since the summer is coming, I want to look good in a bikini and not hide away in shame!

So I was wondering if anyone else out there is currently looking to gain weight steadily and healthily? It would be great to share any tips or advice :)

Replies

• charman1963
    Options
    I am not trying to gain weight, I am trying to lose it, but I am happy that you are trying to get healthy. My sister struggles with eating issues so I know it can be as tough to gain as it is to lose. Keep up the good work and good luck to you.
  • candicemcl
    Options
    I am not currently trying to gain, but I dealt with anorexia for many years and it is still some days a struggle but I am at a healthy weight now and trying to maintain it and be proud of the body I have. I did counseling in high school with a few counselors, one i found helpful one I did not, so just know you don't have to stay with ONE counselor, if things don't click you won't take to heart all you talk about.
    I wish you success in finding a healthy you and being comfortable in your body, it for me and other people I have talked with something that will still creep up now and again for the rest of your life. I actually find being on here helpful (some with ED do not) I have to log ALL my food and it makes me accountable, it shows me to be healthy I need to eat this much to keep my weight as is, I know before finding this site I was NOT eating near enough calories to help my body, but I was also eating alot of junk food too.
    If you want to add me, feel free.
    again Good Luck!
    Candice