if only there were a site like this for finding love!

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
.. ::laugh:

I have the healthy self thing happening, but still at a total loss for finding the person to share it ...

i'm def not the only one, so thought people might share this silly wish hehe

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    psssst quite a few singles on this site ..just saying :tongue:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    After 7pm MFP goes from myFitnessPal to MyF***Place
  • trudijoy
    Options

lol well i'm in a dfferent timezone. there are dating sites of course but i meant more like there are step by step 'how to's'and supporrt here ....
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I found my love here.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

lol well i'm in a dfferent timezone. there are dating sites of course but i meant more like there are step by step 'how to's'and supporrt here ....

Theres already a thread on how to flirt on MFP
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You're not the only one. Lots of singles like us here, looking for support, friendship, and ya never know, you might find someone special too along the way :wink:
  • fervc6064
    fervc6064 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hold up. This isn't a dating site?
  • k_winder
    k_winder Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No step by steps or how tos but there are a lot of dating sites that lead to a lot of relationships and marriage. Granted you also have to be careful of creepers, but it's worth looking to places like eharmony and match.com if you just aren't interested in meeting someone in a bar or club lol. I met my true love on match.com. We talked for a while on there, then began chatting on yahoo messenger, and then met in person. We had a few dates and liked each other enough to keep dating. We lived together a few years and a little over 3 years after first meeting we got married (in January of this year). I wouldn't change a thing!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    No step by steps or how tos but there are a lot of dating sites that lead to a lot of relationships and marriage. Granted you also have to be careful of creepers, but it's worth looking to places like eharmony and match.com if you just aren't interested in meeting someone in a bar or club lol. I met my true love on match.com. We talked for a while on there, then began chatting on yahoo messenger, and then met in person. We had a few dates and liked each other enough to keep dating. We lived together a few years and a little over 3 years after first meeting we got married (in January of this year). I wouldn't change a thing!

haha yeah tried those, and they do work. for lots of people....
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    it would be sweet. find someone who's on the same journey kinda thing. would be a lot less judgement (you'd hope) I'm happy to have someone not want to talk to me if I've been an *kitten* lol. we're all a little shallow I know but personality is key.
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options

haha yeah tried those, and they do work. for lots of people....

Hasn't really worked for me.... Yet.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hold up. This isn't a dating site?

Heeeeyyyy... How YOU doin'?
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    psssst quite a few singles on this site ..just saying :tongue:

HOLY ****! YOU'RE A DOLPHIN?!?!?!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    yes I am :tongue: an obese and single one at that
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    You mean to tell me you think this isn't a dating site? bahahahahaha :laugh: :laugh:
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It's funny, today I was thinking that I used to spend so much time on dating sites and going on bad dates...then suddenly I found this site, have been eating well, losing weight and just working on me. I just started Crossfit and that made me realize that until I reach my physical goals, I have no business dating. It's kinda lonely but it's just the way it is for me.
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    When I signed up this was not a dating site. 100 lbs later, it's changed a bit.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    It's funny, today I was thinking that I used to spend so much time on dating sites and going on bad dates...then suddenly I found this site, have been eating well, losing weight and just working on me. I just started Crossfit and that made me realize that until I reach my physical goals, I have no business dating. It's kinda lonely but it's just the way it is for me.

yeah. really beginning to wonder about this - concentrating on me right now, but i see so many people who have found someone (including some quite vile people, which i can't understand) and you wonder if theres something about yourself you can't see... best be my turn soon hehe
  • DaniAni19
    DaniAni19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

yeah. really beginning to wonder about this - concentrating on me right now, but i see so many people who have found someone (including some quite vile people, which i can't understand) and you wonder if theres something about yourself you can't see... best be my turn soon hehe

I totally can relate! I think part of it has to do with being 100% happy and satisfied alone...then the right person comes along because you are not "trying" to find them. It takes some soul searching to really assess where you are at and if you're in the right place to be open to a relationship.
  • trudijoy
    Options

I totally can relate! I think part of it has to do with being 100% happy and satisfied alone...then the right person comes along because you are not "trying" to find them. It takes some soul searching to really assess where you are at and if you're in the right place to be open to a relationship.

yeah. i don't think it's size related - i get hit on by guys even when i'm fat. but never the right guys and never for long term. I don't get it. blah. oh well. hopefully one day it'll all sort out