NSV - My first casual dress ever.

Options
pocketmole
pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
I've needed to buy a few dresses for various special occasions over the years, but never in my adult life have I gone out and purchased a dress just to... ya know... wear around to places. I brought it into the dressing room anticipating disaster but left the store with a new purchase (found some jeans that fit too!). I am still rather self conscious of my arms so I prefer the look with the sweater, but I thought I would show it both ways despite that. :)

ogT84Ll.jpg

The obligatory "before" photo taken 60 pounds ago (hint: I'm not the teletubby).

fatty1.jpg

Replies

• Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Well done!

And I think you should show your arms off, they look great
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are cute!

And the dress looks good too.
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    Gorgeous!:flowerforyou:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Very cute.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are cute!

Thanks!

I just realized that I bought those shoes to wear with the outfit (take on a snow white costume) in my before photo. They are actually a little bit too big for me now because I lost a small amount of weight in my feet, haha.
  • ardnajelatr
    ardnajelatr Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!! You took pounds off, and you also took years off. Both ways look good, with or without. And Yeah! love the shoes too. :laugh:
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    my goodness! can i just say how incredibly beautiful you are! your skin and hair are amazing! incredible weightloss.. you look like a completely new individual :) x
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    And it is horizontal stripes to boot! You look wonderful...great job!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You were really gorgeous when you were bigger too but you look great now smaller. I love the dress best with the jacket only because it accentuates your waist. You've done very well! I think it's time to go shopping some more. Second hand stores are great if you don't have a lot of spare cash you know.
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are cute!

Ditto on the shoes, got a similar pair and I love em!

And you look absolutely stunning in the dress :) You should be proud!
  • JG_Mamato3
    Options
    You look great! I think it looks better without the sweater, but you got to wear what makes you more comfortable :)
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have that same dress- Old Navy, right? I love the stripes- I'm still a very big girl, but because the stripes on the bottom part of the dress curve down, it has a great effect. LOVE that dress and can't wait to wear it on vacation this summer (unless I'm down more sizes than that and I'll just have to find another great dress)!
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look great! Show it off!
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    you look cute
  • Sambok1
    Sambok1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your arms look great!! You should show them off! You look lovely in this picture :)
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look lovely!!! Personally I think you look better without the sweater :)
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! You look so much younger now than 60 lbs ago. I'm digging the dress and I understand the arm situ, but honestly you look amazing!!!
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So cute! Both looks are nice and you did a great job slimming down.

The shoes remind me of Dorothy...
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, as does the dress!

I like it better with the sweater- but not because it hides anything. It gives shape and contrast, adds a little something extra to the dress!!

Great loss!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!