Too much Green Tea!?

Options
Hi everyone!

I need MFP help! Every night I brew 1.5 litres of water with 4 green tea bags and pop in the fridge over night so I can sip throughout the day along with my normal intake of water. Yesterday I did this but ended up drinking the green tea within an hour due to exercise and ended up getting a really bad headache. It made me think about the caffeine within the green tea and I wondered if it was a bad idea to drink cold as its easier to drink larger amounts than if it was hot.

Would love anyone's thoughts onto whether this is a bad idea or not??

Cheers! X

Replies

• christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Green tea does have caffeine but not as much as coffee or cola - it's certainly not a lot to have over a whole day if that's all you're having. I get headaches from dehydration so maybe stick to water for hydration and tea for sipping?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Buy the decaf kind!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I need MFP help! Every night I brew 1.5 litres of water with 4 green tea bags and pop in the fridge over night so I can sip throughout the day along with my normal intake of water. Yesterday I did this but ended up drinking the green tea within an hour due to exercise and ended up getting a really bad headache. It made me think about the caffeine within the green tea and I wondered if it was a bad idea to drink cold as its easier to drink larger amounts than if it was hot.

Would love anyone's thoughts onto whether this is a bad idea or not??

Cheers! X

How cold was it? Maybe it was brain freeze?