Am I going to go into starvation mode???

Options
ashleab37
ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
I was really tired and didnt wake up until midday so I didnt get to eat breakfast... How will my metabolism start for the day???? :sad: Have I ruined it all??? :brokenheart: :cry:

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Its once day missing breakfast, you havent ruined anything.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Just give up now. It's all ruined. Scientific studies have shown skipping breakfast even once puts you into the mythical starvation mode.

The only chance you have is to wait until the next full moon and then to sacrifice a virgin while doing squats and burpees.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It makes no difference when you eat. I know many people that never have breakfast here including me.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Just give up now. It's all ruined. Scientific studies have shown skipping breakfast even once puts you into the mythical starvation mode.

The only chance you have is to wait until the next full moon and then to sacrifice a virgin while doing squats and burpees.
    Thank you for this only HONEST answer. I'm very offended by other people lying to me. Now i am in starcation mode I will reduce my cals to 700 to keep losing. Thanks for your help xx
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    now go do a few situps so your belly keeps shrinking
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    google intermittent fasting and warrior diet and you will see having fewer meals doesnt slow down your metabolism.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    are you 13 years old? srs question.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    From something that I read, I think that your metabolism only starts to slow down after like 60+ or 70+hours of not eating anything.. And that is not yet starvation mode in the sense that if you carry on eating normally after that your metabolism should repair! Of course I am no scientist or have any nutrition degree but I've read extensively on dieting / fasting etc and yeah missing breakfast shouldn't have any effect :)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. Ever.
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Nah, you haven't ruined anything. But many studies have shown that metabolism DOES start to slow down after 12 hours with no nutritional intake, sometimes by as much as 40%.

Personally, I eat breakfast every day, unless it's a very unusual circumstance. I do eat something, about 1/4 of my alloted daily calories, every 4-6 hours, except when I'm sleeping.

I'd say it's worked pretty well for me.

-BootJockey
  • cindygretz
    Options
    I think the OP is being sarcastic... just a guess :)