One Year Later

Options
I have only been on MyFitnessPal for a couple of months, but I wanted to post a photo showing my progress since this month marks one year that I've been living a healthy lifestyle, and it has made a significant difference in not only how I feel, but how I look. The first photo was taken a couple of years ago when I was in a low period of yo-yo dieting, and the second was taken this morning after I finished lifting at the gym.

About a year ago, after reaching a tipping point of being fed up with putting crap in my body and never being active, I decided to completely overhaul my lifestyle. I began choosing healthier foods, I stopped overeating, and I took up running, a sport with which I have fallen in love. I also joined a gym and began lifting really heavy things off the ground. Over a thousand miles, a marathon, 18 pounds of fat lost, and over a pound of muscle gained later, I feel like a success.

After years of feeling insecure with my body, I am finally beginning to feel comfortable in my skin -- not because I'm skinnier, but because treating my body well and making health a priority has made me value myself so much more. Eating well has given me nourishment, running has given me stamina, and lifting weights has given me strength. And I wanted to thank all the people who have given me such wonderful support along the way.

897e0114-e148-40a3-9ffd-32ace0ff8d65_zpsc90a900a.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!