Training for Charity - My new motiviation

Options
While I know that Advocare is a 24-day challenge, but we are getting ready to head out for two days of fun and wanted to get my measurements before then. We are going to Great Wolf Lodge, which is a calorie burning resort of chaos. I suspect I will drop another pound while I'm gone, unless I eat my son's entire birthday cake. Here are my before and after numbers:

Weight - 227 > 218

Neck -18 > 16

Waist - 46 > 44

Hips - 43 > 40

I have dropped 9 pounds and seven inches, which is fantastic news. The even better news is that I did it with some serious lapses in discipline. I found myself binging on four occasions and not just for one meal but entire days.

The past 22 days have led me to one truth, I have no problem letting myself down! This is a great revelation for me and as a Christian, I decided to look to my spirituality for help. I realized that my vanity and ego were driving my exercise and eating, which is a bad thing. So I decided to look outward for motivation. I decided to turn my exercise into a blessing for others.

I am going to run the "Warrior Dash" on July 20th to benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. My goal is to raise $1500 for charity and lose 50 pounds along the way. Well, I'm down 9 pounds and have raised $50 in my first 24 hours.

Here is the link to my fundraising page, in case anyone wants to pledge or check out my idea:

https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/displayUserPage.do?userId=951377&programId=2252&eventId=334071