Not enough to care.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    NO
  • FinallyDoingMe
    FinallyDoingMe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just wondering: Is this a serious question? If yes I will just say OMG. I think you burn more calories while pushing on the toilet.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Depends if you are alone or not....:wink:
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    it takes you an hour and 45 minutes to shower? maybe you should have a shower every day
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    made my day
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Washing you hair?

If that's the only thing you can think to do in the shower to burn calories than you've got other problems.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I would kill to have hot water last an hour!!!! Geeze, what kind of tank do you have?
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    It depends on if you use shampoo and conditioner or the two in one stuff. It takes longer if you're rinsing and repeating.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The planet would thank you if you took shorter showers :flowerforyou:
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You are brave asking this on the forums. But real answer: my fitness pal calculate stuff like this in your average calories burned per day, which you can see under goals. anything that's not an intentional work out should not be added to your diary as calories burned because it's accounted for in daily activity calories. You can go ahead and count every calorie burned, but if you choose to eat daily activity calories back, you will see the consequences in your weight loss.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I wish my hot water lasted longer than 10 mins!! So jealous!! :explode:
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    All I know is I get a major calorie burn whenever I flat iron my luscious locks.

I don't even want to guess at how many I burn in those 45 minute showers.
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    The planet would thank you if you took shorter showers :flowerforyou:
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    How much is your water bill? I would not take a shower that long out of plain cheapness. Oh and there is no way my hot water would last that long.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Not enough to be worth worrying about.

This.

Were you planning eating them back?
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    I would kill to have hot water last an hour!!!! Geeze, what kind of tank do you have?

^^^I was thinking that too!

To answer you honestly I would say anywhere between 50-150 calories depending on what you are doing, if you are alone, and the temperature of the water.

I on the other hand am lucky if I can not only shower but wash my face, my hair (on my head), and shave without running out of hot water and that's if I am going at a super fast speed. That's also if I haven't done any laundry or ran the dishwasher LOL.

Here is the first site I found about calories burned while showering.

http://www.weightlossblogger.org/2010/02/taking-shower-burns-calories.html

"As ridiculous as it seems, taking a shower really does burn calories, and a decent amount of calories at that. It's actually a good, low impact, exercise.

If you're already at your optimum weight, you might not get much benefit from standing in a shower, but if you're overweight, you'll be surprised at how many calories you can burn taking a shower.

Here's how many calories are burned taking a shower...

•A 150 pound person can burn about 75 calories in a 15 minute shower.

•A 200 pound person can burn about 100 calories in a 15 minute shower.

•A 250 pound person can burn about 120 calories in a 15 minute shower.

•A 300 pound person can burn about 140 calories in a 15 minute shower.

The calories are doubled for a 30 minute shower.

The reason is because a shower requires standing, and because to wash your body you're having to move your arms and stretch yourself. All the while, the muscles in your legs are constantly flexing to maintain balance.

On top of that, the few minutes you spend drying yourself off with a towel is the same low impact exercise of standing, moving your arms, and stretching."
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I don't think standing still under a stream of water burns that many calories. Unless you are vigorously masturbating in there, then go ahead and log it.

it had to be said hahaha

This would explain why she's in there for an hour......
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I don't think standing still under a stream of water burns that many calories. Unless you are vigorously masturbating in there, then go ahead and log it.

it had to be said hahaha

This would explain why she's in there for an hour......

Gotta LOVE the shower massager
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

I have thick, curly hair that I was told to comb with my fingers in the shower. It takes a while.

Perhaps a brazilian is on order?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: