Drink packets not containing artificial sweeteners

Options
Forgive me if this has already been posted -- I promise all you Forum Dictators that I did a search prior to posting, but could not find a satisfactory answer to my question!

I work in a hospital and regularly give people oral contrast for CT exams. We offer flavoring to make the giant jug of fluid a little more palatable, but we use Crystal Light packets, which contain aspartame.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any packet mixes that do NOT contain artificial sweeteners?? It would have to be a packet mix and not something like adding lemon/lime/fruit juice due to our storage capabilities.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How do you feel about stevia? they do have a stevia-sweetened drink mix.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Forgive me if this has already been posted -- I promise all you Forum Dictators that I did a search prior to posting, but could not find a satisfactory answer to my question!

I work in a hospital and regularly give people oral contrast for CT exams. We offer flavoring to make the giant jug of fluid a little more palatable, but we use Crystal Light packets, which contain aspartame.

I am wondering if anyone knows of any packet mixes that do NOT contain artificial sweeteners?? It would have to be a packet mix and not something like adding lemon/lime/fruit juice due to our storage capabilities.

Thanks in advance!

in a completely smartass way I must suggest koolaid
    what about powdered gatorade?
    coffee added to water is always good too
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    True Lemon/Lime/Grapefruit/all the other flavours.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,610 Member
    Options
    Yep, koolaid.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Yep, koolaid.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Ah, I suppose this could work for non-diabetic patients!
  • jlewis2896
    Options
    How do you feel about stevia? they do have a stevia-sweetened drink mix.

I am okay with the idea of stevia -- until some report comes out stating it's actually also horrible for us. :) I can't keep up, I swear!
  • jlewis2896
    Options

Thanks in advance!

in a completely smartass way I must suggest koolaid
    what about powdered gatorade?
    coffee added to water is always good too

Haha, Kelly, most of our patients come in expressing their desire to get testing over with so they can go have coffee. :) But I can't give out anything that has caffeine as we look at kidney function in a lot of the scans. I guess I'm not sure about gatorade, though!
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance!

Forum dictators? Thats AWESOME! Im curious to know the stevia one too.
  • jlewis2896
    Options
    True Lemon/Lime/Grapefruit/all the other flavours.

THANK YOU!! I had never heard of this before. :)
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered the product line called "True Lemon" at www.truelemon.com. They have a nice variety of pre-packaged powders you pour into your water. The Lemonade flavor consists of: Ingredients: Crystallized Lemon [Citric Acid, Malic Acid, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Lemon Oil, Lemon Juice, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)], Sugar, Natural Lemon Flavor, Rebiana (Stevia)*, and Color Added.
    *100% Natural Sweetener from the Stevia plant

Would something like this work? I have tried the True Raspberry Lemonade, and add 1 packet into 32oz. of water. Have also tried the True Lemon, and since the packets are smaller, I add 3 of those to 32oz. of water. They are really, really good, and no aspartame! Yeah!!!!!

These products do contain Stevia, so not sure if you would be wiling to try or not, but just throwing it out there as an alternative.