The not so perfect dieters success

Options
Ok, so I've broke a billion rules. I eat three days 1000 to 1300 calories, and four days of 800. I dont always eat all my excercise calories. I dont even know my heart rate but get it up only 20 min. a day, instead of the reccommended 30. Heck, I'm fifty five! I do weight training five or six days a week, but not to burning and exhaustion, as suggested by those in the know. I should be in starvation mode yet I'm losing close to two lbs.a week,and feeling great. I take a good multi vitamen,and flax seed oil. I try to balance with healthy food. I eat carbs ,and sometimes a mini moon pie at night even, after 8 o clock. I've broke all the rules, but doing well. I agree with most of what is said on this sight , But after all everyone is different, and nothing is set in stone.

Replies

• Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've broke a billion rules. I eat three days 1000 to 1300 calories, and four days of 800. I dont always eat all my excercise calories. I dont even know my heart rate but get it up only 20 min. a day, instead of the reccommended 30. Heck, I'm fifty five! I do weight training five or six days a week, but not to burning and exhaustion, as suggested by those in the know. I should be in starvation mode yet I'm losing close to two lbs.a week,and feeling great. I take a good multi vitamen,and flax seed oil. I try to balance with healthy food. I eat carbs ,and sometimes a mini moon pie at night even, after 8 o clock. I've broke all the rules, but doing well. I agree with most of what is said on this sight , But after all everyone is different, and nothing is set in stone.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Hey, I say if it's working for you, keep up the great work. If you stop losing, you'll know what you need to do to start again from reading some of the posts on here. I personally find that I eat about 1300 calories a day and I'm still hungry, but if you can survive and feel good on 800-1300 I say more power to you. I can't imagine eating only 800 calories though, I think i would have a head ache and be tired all the time. Anyways, I got rambling, basically all I want to say was good job doing what is working for you. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Its not for everyone. I wouldn't reccomend it for everyone, I eat oats for breakfast, a couple small fruits a day. lunch is cottage cheese and V8. dinner usually diet frozen. I snack on rice crispie treats, nuts and dried fruit,vegetables, and usually 1 useless calorie snack a night. Those are my basics, but on higher calorie days I add some. I add wheat bread here and there. My point is make it work for you.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Well, it sounds like you are eating healthy foods :) I'm glad that you have found what works for you.