Chalean Extreme Vs. Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options
Is one considered "more advanced" than the other?

If you could only get one, which would you choose?

What are the pros and cons of both programs?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Both veer different. CE uses heavy weights. I much preferred it to BR. Look on YouTube for clips of both. Bothe Jillian Nd Chalean drive some people nuts.
  • Immerito
    Immerito Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Both veer different. CE uses heavy weights. I much preferred it to BR. Look on YouTube for clips of both. Bothe Jillian Nd Chalean drive some people nuts.

Would you elaborate on some of the differences? Why did you not like BR?

I'll check out YouTube.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I've done both programs and, while I did enjoy JMBR, I much prefer CLX.

JMBR is circuit training....you basically don't stop moving. One move to the next with short bursts of cardio here and there. Also, Jillian is like a total drill sargeant and actually makes fun of some of the people she has working out with her. You repeat the workouts more often than you do with CLX, like the cardio is the same for each phase. I get bored easily, what can I say? I had to incorporate other means of cardio because I couldn't stand to do the same cardio routine 2 days a week.

CLX is all about heavy lifting. No short bursts of cardio during the strength training. I much prefer Chalene's means of encouragement than Jillian's. As strange as it sounds, when I did CLX, I felt like I was working out with a friend. I just love her attitude and how she pushes you to go as heavy as you can. You do incorporate cardio in to the program on 2 days.

Overall, I suppose it depends on what your goals are. If you want to build muscle, CLX is the program for you! If you're more into cardio, than maybe JMBR would be the right program for you.

I've had success with both programs. If you work hard, you'll see results....just depends on what your goals are!
  • Immerito
    Options
    I've done both programs and, while I did enjoy JMBR, I much prefer CLX.

JMBR is circuit training....you basically don't stop moving. One move to the next with short bursts of cardio here and there. Also, Jillian is like a total drill sargeant and actually makes fun of some of the people she has working out with her. You repeat the workouts more often than you do with CLX, like the cardio is the same for each phase. I get bored easily, what can I say? I had to incorporate other means of cardio because I couldn't stand to do the same cardio routine 2 days a week.

CLX is all about heavy lifting. No short bursts of cardio during the strength training. I much prefer Chalene's means of encouragement than Jillian's. As strange as it sounds, when I did CLX, I felt like I was working out with a friend. I just love her attitude and how she pushes you to go as heavy as you can. You do incorporate cardio in to the program on 2 days.

Overall, I suppose it depends on what your goals are. If you want to build muscle, CLX is the program for you! If you're more into cardio, than maybe JMBR would be the right program for you.

I've had success with both programs. If you work hard, you'll see results....just depends on what your goals are!

Thanks.

I checked out some reviews on Amazon. One of them read:

" If you already have all of Jillian's other dvds stick with those. This program is more of the same, but not as difficult as 30DS, NMTZ and BFBM. Those dvds bring the pain!!! and you do not have to use heavy weights to feel it. Body Revolution uses some of the same moves she uses in her other dvds and this set is more toning than cardio. You get 15 dvds in all. I was disappointed to only get 1 cardio dvd for each month. Boring. You will do four days of toning and two days of cardio. The set is wide open with many people, but it sounds like she is yelling the whole time and I am not sure why. The music is too loud or she doesn't have a mic on. It starts out easy and increases in intensity over time. This is not one you can redo after the 90 days are completed because it will be too easy. If you have all of her other dvds then don't waste $100+ buying this one as it is not worth it. She has a new dvd coming out soon so I would wait for it rather than get this set. If you can buy body revolution used or under $50 then go for it otherwise keep your money and continue to use her other dvds. I highly recommend 30DS, NMTZ, BFBM and Ripped in 30 just for the calorie burn alone. I believe if you use her other dvds for 90 days you will lose the same amount of weight if not more judging from all of the reviews of 30DS, NMTZ, BFBM and Ripped in 30. You can make your own 90 day program and not have to spend $100! "

....so, between your thoughts, and this review, I'll stick when Chalean extreme.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Have you seen 30 day slim down.

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism.

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • Immerito
    Options
    Have you seen 30 day slim down.

It's a rotation suposedly created by Jillian ( although I cant find the original source). It consists of the 30DS, No More Trouble Zones, and Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism.

Here is what the program looks like

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES

Thank you for this! I hadn't seen it before.