Walk of the dead.

Options
It's been five days since you've last seen a face that didn't have blood smeared against it, or flesh in the teeth. Around you, where there was once chaos, the screams of dying humans, the wailing of sirens, there is only an empty silence. If you want to survive, to have any chance of living another day, you have to follow the this monthly challenge. Complete the challenges, and maybe, just maybe, you won't be the flesh hanging from the brain muncher's teeth.
In a game of survival, the odds are against you. This challenge is designed to give everyone a fun workout, while showing that, if you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you can lose weight.
We will have an overall monthly weight loss goal, this months will be 6lbs
Each week I will post up a small section of the story and a mini challenge for the week, when you have completed said challenge you must post "mission completed" and report your progress. Check in is every monday. These mini tasks will help with the overall weight loss mission.
This weeks mini challenge is to move at least 3 times this week for at least half an hour.
Walk, run, ride, or swim just don't get bit! Have fun!
Who's in? Starting Monday 11th march :)

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Go on then - I'm in!
  • mommydore
    Options
    I'm in!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Haha this is great. I'm going at my own pace so probably won't join in, but this is just a fantastic idea. Love it. :love:
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Lol I"m in
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    definitely in! Been meaning to plan for the zombie apocalypse, now seems a good time to start!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    This will keep me motivated to keep up with my personal challenge of dragging my butt out of bed early and hitting the treadmill every day!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Love this:)
  • JessTheApple
    Options
    Ditto, bump :love:
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes I'll play...6lbs will be a tall order but who knows...it may save me!
  • toothwalker_
    toothwalker_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Question -- I don't need to lose weight, but I like zombies and like getting more active. Will this still be interesting for me, or is it just heavily focused on losing those 6 lbs? Can I enjoy the story and challenges without trying to lose the weight?
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Also, if we don't make the challenge, the weekly or monthly one, do we get bitten and die?
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    In.
  • Littlethings_
    Littlethings_ Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well yes of course. Zombies always get the slow ones. :D
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I cycle and swim and I could knock a few out with my kettlebell - I don't swim with my kettlebell!
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    here a a few other cool zombie exercises I found
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA1XuOSAznY ( I take no credit for this video )
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    We gotta do something...

http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

....cause the CDC knows more than its saying.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    It's been five days since you've last seen a face that didn't have blood smeared against it, or flesh in the teeth. Around you, where there was once chaos, the screams of dying humans, the wailing of sirens, there is only an empty silence. If you want to survive, to have any chance of living another day, you have to follow the this monthly challenge. Complete the challenges, and maybe, just maybe, you won't be the flesh hanging from the brain muncher's teeth.
    In a game of survival, the odds are against you. This challenge is designed to give everyone a fun workout, while showing that, if you can survive a zombie apocalypse, you can lose weight.
    We will have an overall monthly weight loss goal, this months will be 6lbs
    Each week I will post up a small section of the story and a mini challenge for the week, when you have completed said challenge you must post "mission completed" and report your progress. Check in is every monday. These mini tasks will help with the overall weight loss mission.
    This weeks mini challenge is to move at least 3 times this week for at least half an hour.
    Walk, run, ride, or swim just don't get bit! Have fun!
    Who's in? Starting Monday 11th march :)

I'm in for sure ! Just wanted to clarify, it has to be 3x 30 min sessions - continuous movement during that 30mins ?
    Thanks