Whats the main reason you want to lose weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    So many reasons to get healthy.
    1. To be healthy
    2. To have energy for life
    3. To enjoy my children
    4. To enjoy my husband
    5. to get back my passion in life, tap dancing.
    6. To prove to some family members that I can do it and they need to shut up.
    7. To show my mother (who suffers from brain damage) that she too can lose a little weight. If I can lose 160 pounds she can lose 40.
    8. To establish a heather lifestyle with my children
    9. To shop in normal stores
    10. To buy a dress and not feel like its a moo moo
    11. No way is this mother of 2 ever wearing a bikini again. But I would like to feel comfortable in a swimming suit again.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    To prolong my life so I can be here for my kids.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My health, my dad's side of the family have had loads of health problems, and most of them are due to weight. :)
  • TheAdventureXO
    Options
    To feel better, which goes hand in hand with feeling that you look better.
  • YouTarzanMeVeganJane
    YouTarzanMeVeganJane Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    to look good most of all ...to get used to a healthy lifestyle. ITS NOT a diet its how we are all supposed to eat and be active..
    BEFORE id sit around all day and only get up for "important" stuff and just eat out of boredom and eat all the bad stuff i pretty much had horrible bloating and pain
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My health is the main reason I wanna lose weight. My family has a long history of health issues due to unhealthy lifestyle and I refuse to join that. I also have MS and that could mean that one day I can lose my mobility and strength and I wanna keep that from happening by strengthening my body and maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle. :smile: Of course having a hot body is a major bonus!! :wink:
  • lanniethomas
    Options
    To continue to feel strong and healthy. I just gave birth to my second daughter and I want to be a role model to my girls. I also want to compliment my husband who has always been the guy who works out 6 days a week and really cares about his inner and outer body. Last year, my mom and sisters kindly told me that my husband is a very attractive guy and that I needed to step up my game to keep him. Lol! I was a little taking back but I soon realized that I am married to a hottie and he deserves a wife who cares about how she looks also.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My mother turns 85 this year my father, 90. It is only in the last two years that they were not really mobile and healthy. My mom is a former olympic level swimmer (1944 olympics cancelled) and swam all her adult life including masters level. And my father was a life long tennis player. My father was blessed with an amazing metabolism, but even with lots of exercise my mom had to fight her weight after her 40s. But the really great thing about them, is they have had an amazing retirement. They have done cross country bike trips and bike trips in Europe. They have been able to travel and be physical. I was in great shape entering my 40s, but a confluence of circumstances and I literally let everything go. I want to lose between 50 and 70 lbs, but more than anything I want to get in the kind of shape that will allow me to live strong until the end. It is very painful to see them age and know the end is near, father is battling cancer, mother just all sorts of health issues and all for both of them came on them suddenly. I have three sons, I do not want to give up living until I absolutely have to, and better health, stronger body, those are the only ticket I know to getting there. And I am fairly likely to live a long time given my genes.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    To have a healthy pregnancy.

We have held off on starting a family because I am overweight and was unhealthy. The amount of increased risks because of being overweight while pregnant are just to many. Diabetes, heart stress/defects, blood pressure, anemia, etc. Pretty selfish to subject a baby to so many problems they have no control over.