On this journey

Options
Hello,

I started out in Oct, 2012. I have a degenerative back issue, where walking around @ 270 lbs on my 5' 8" frame was causing me some serious, on some days debilitating pain. When my "doc" mentioned surgery, that snapped me back to reality in a BIG way.

So I resolved myself to get back in the shape I was in when I got out of the military, some 25 years ago.

Exercise at that point was desired, at that point though, it was impossible. I began an aggressive 2+ lbs a week, not diet but for me, change in lifestyle.

Well, I dropped weight fairly quickly via dietary changes solely, once I had dropped about 30 lbs, my back pain, went away. I am pain free at this time, yet my journey continues.

After paying for more months than I care to admit, for a gym membership I was not using, just in the past week I have entered the gym. I am only walking on a treadmill at this time to spend a bit of time working up some stamina via a good cardio workout.

I am always interested in either helping, or just being that person that says "you can do it", trading suggestions or ideas.

Replies

• oldmanschild
    Options
    Good for you, jimparis65! I have the same problem. I am glad there's people out there trying to back into health.
  • jmparis65
    jmparis65 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good for you, jimparis65! I have the same problem. I am glad there's people out there trying to back into health.

Thanks